Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampyr

Favorite Uitlity

PCTools until v. 6, which was a total bugfest. Divide-by-zero errors right on installation. Corrupted FATs. They were is such close competiton with Norton, that they could not have performed any cursory beta testing prior to publishing.

Unfortunately, Norton did the same thing right at the same time. End users were screaming their heads off at these (then) two companies.

QEMM was fun, but a person could spend entirely too much time trying to get the ultimate configuration with it...

Novell DOS 7 (DR DOS 7) was a blast, configuring multitasking under DOS. laugh

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

"Talking to DeadCats is like talking to a dead cat." -MrsDeadCats, 2001

[This message has been edited by DeadCats (edited 27 January 2001).]

I never had any probs with PC Tools ver 6.0.

With Qemm 9.0 I think I got my convention to either 631 or 634k! 8) 8)

Memmaker was my first one, then I found Netroom and finally got my conv. memory up to like 630k! Hehe, those were the days, huh? And to think that now I'm running 256Megs of ram hehehe smile

QEMM was top, PC Tools ? never did like that, I've used Norton since the beginning, still do, and as you say DosFreak, Speed Disk is the best.

However, the best tool pre-95 ? well, it clearly has to be XT Gold. Now that rocked.

--Cynan.