Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Those idiot protestors in DC

They have every right.. but they are not going to change who the president is. They are only ruining an otherwise pleasant day for the country.

Also, I see some of them with signs saying "Stop the Killing", in reference to the death penalty. I also see others with signs saying "Abortion Rights Now!". I find that amusing.

[This message has been edited by Sandoval (edited 22 January 2001).]

Great answer.

Anyways.. I was under the impression that an "other" forum meant "other". If it does not, Mr. Owner of the forum, I suggest you re-word it or discontinue it.

I have been a very active member of NTcompatible for over a year and have helped many people. I have also been helped by many people, to all of whom I give a sincere thank you.

It's funny to me that the first time I've ever encountered any hostility (other than an occasional jdulmage remark) is from a "Senior Member", who is also an owner of the forum.

I simply had a comment I wanted to make, and I thought that a forum that I am completely familiar with would suffice. I was interested in getting responsed from members whom I've had many wonderful experiences with... to see how they would respond to a real-world issue for a change.

If I had posted my message in "Applications" or "Hardware" or "Games", then I would agree with you Eddie, that would have been inappropriate. This, however, is not.

Delete this post if you wish, after all it's "your" forum.

[This message has been edited by Sandoval (edited 21 January 2001).]

when they mean "other", they don't mean any OTHER thing in the whole world, they mean, other has in "something I can't post in the specific forums relating to COMPUTERS"

Eddie is right

Does it really matter? Besides, on the front page it says "Post here your other questions", which doesn't specify that it has to be about computers. Also, this isn't the first time such topics have shown up in this forum.

My take on it? Of course they cannot change the fact that he will be president for the next 4 years, but by voicing their discontent with the "president select", they are already decreasing the chance that he will be re-elected.

On a somewhat related note, i saw "Thirteen Days" tonight.... excellent movie

People have spoken about politics or whatever for a while here. That is the point of "other". Besides, I think that Eddie wasn't *that* serious.

Besides, I saw "The Gift" this weekend and it was pretty cool. My wife is burned on movies like "Thirteen Days" ever since Costner's "JFK".

smile

------------------

Regards,

clutch

I would agree with Sandoval here. Yes it is called NTCompatible BUT it is the OTHER forum. Posting irrelevant matter has been tolerated in the past so why change the rules now?

A question for Mr Jdulmage. IF the OTHER forum is for computer discussion only, can we kill the insane thread about pissing everyone off? It may have at one time been about something computer releated but has long since degraded to a useless post used only to increase the number of posts that sits next someones name and we know that number of posts does not make one any better than those with only a few.

My thoughts as a member registered before most of the "Senior" members.

Ed

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sandoval:
They have every right.. but they are not going to change who the president is...</font>

Well, we get idiots everywhere. Even in here. Just ask jdulmage. laugh

------------------
"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999
"Talking to DeadCats is like talking to a dead cat." -MrsDeadCats, 2001

lol

Ok... well I don't want this thread to turn into a jdulmage bashing rant. Nor do I want it to turn it into a long, repeating, pointless thread (hmmm... I have one in mind!)

So please, let's stop before it gets out of hand. If a moderator sees this post, please delete it before it's too late. I don't want to be responsible for a stupid thread on an otherwise respectable forum.

Other is the same mean as OT = Off Topic, So Sandoval is 100% rigth.

yeah, i'm a complete idiot, that's exactly right, infact, you would know eh? you've met me before then? cause if you haven't, then you don't know, so quit talking. There goes the respect deal again, now people wonder why I talk trash. Oops, forgot to mention the "ganging up" theory again that I explained before. Eddie314 posts something, I agree with him, you push him aside and start ganging up on me, didn't I already prove that one? I will give 0 % respect here until I start seeing some. I tried the respect thing, hell, me arguing about the Others forum crap has nothing to do with respect, then you have to start the insults for no god damn reason what so ever. But that's ok, insults are the first defense of an idiot or the last defense of someone that knows they have lost. Good day. I don't even know what else to say, except that a whole lot of you are immortal and disrespectful to others in this channel, hell, I haven't even insulted a damn person for weeks, which I was showing that I can be nice and respectful, that's how I am in real life, kinda hard to be that way here. Most of you should be ashamed of yourselfs for acting so childish and resorting to name calling and crap when you don't even know me. All because I agreed with someone else.

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 21 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 21 January 2001).]

;( what a rant.....

Get a sense of humor jd. It's all in jest man, that's why he followed his comment with a big smiley laugh. You're right, we don't know you in person, but the impression that you give in here is that you're VERY quick to offend, and people like that are not good company. Just sit back, relax, and try to have a good time....

No offense meant. My question about long-winded useless threads would stand if the moderator himself had started it. I guess that some people are quick to attack and even quicker to take offense. Sorry to have hurt your feelings.

Ed

And I didn't even call anyone names. laugh

maybe that's how you feel about it, but i've tried to see back and relax, kinda hard to do that here when your jumped on every time you post something whether good or bad, helpful or helpless.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeadCats:
Well, we get idiots everywhere. Even in here. Just ask jdulmage. laugh</font>

jdulmage, that was my entire post. I referred to you, but I did not refer to you as an idiot.

Why you choose to pick up that mantle and wear it as your own is beyond me. laugh

------------------
"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

yeah....whatever..

you were basically saying "there are a lot of idiots around, jdulmage is one of them".

It's the same as if I said "There are a lot of fags around here, just look at DeadCats" Whether what I just said there was true or not, I'm telling everyone to look at DeadCats, cause he is a fag. It's the same crap.

So quit trying to cover up the insults that you made, cause it is very useless.

okay, I post one little "muhahaha" post and it starts World War III (Remind me never to become a World Leader!) Personally I would have been at the protests in DC because i think Bush makes a bad president, i thought the same with his dad, yea, protesting won't change who's president but it will show how people feel about Bush winning (if you want to call it that since Gore won the popular vote, but since our electorial process is complete and utter bullsh1t, that doesn't matter). Sandovol is probably right, most of them were idiots who just "showed up" to have a good time and break the law. I didn't mean anything by my posts. Thank you jdulmage for your support. If you disagree with me anyway, i don't give a rat's a.ss. Thank you for your time.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jdulmage:
yeah....whatever..you were basically saying "there are a lot of idiots around, jdulmage is one of them". It's the same as if I said "There are a lot of fags around here, just look at DeadCats" Whether what I just said there was true or not, I'm telling everyone to look at DeadCats, cause he is a fag. It's the same crap. So quit trying to cover up the insults that you made, cause it is very useless.</font>

No, jdulmage. If I want to say that I think you're an idiot, I don't need to do so surreptitiously. I'll plainly state, "In my opinion jdulmage is an idiot." laugh

------------------

[This message has been edited by DeadCats (edited 22 January 2001).]

haha, fine wink

anyways, this post has gone even more out of the topic that it's currently in..so enough, lol

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by jdulmage:

except that a whole lot of you are immortal and disrespectful to others in this channel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immortal eh?

Mr. 13 posts, this don't involve you, so don't even bother.

We can resolve crap on our own, we don't need a newbie.

We ended it, crap like this ends after a while, no need to start it up again because I made a grammar mistake for christ sakes.

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 23 January 2001).]