Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CUViper

codename

simple question.... what was the codename for win2k? I was explaining to my friends that whistler is just the codename for the next os, and they asked me what win2k's codename was, and I can't for the life of me remember it....

Yeah, I can't remember either. I think that Win98 was "Memphis", but I was so used to seeing Win2K referred to as "NT 5.0" that I can't think of what the official codename was.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

The only codenames I can remember were

Chicago

Memphis

Millennium

Asteroid

Oydessy

Neptune

Whistler

that's all I can think of....

well, I just talked to Paul Thurott, you'd think we would know. He tells me there was never a codename for Windows 2000.

I think Cairo was the codename for a Win95 front end to be bolted on to Windows NT 3.51.

In the end MS canned it and we got what is now NT 4.

Oh, and don't forget Blackcombe. The codename for the OS after Whistler. That's going to be the 'true' melding of the 9x and NT families if you believe the rumours.

BlackComb!! not blackcombe...if you know anything about Canadian mountains, you'll know that it's BlackComb and they are naming the OS after the mountain in British Columbia..

BlackComb is being done from stratch

Canada? Is that the place that has all those beer commercials with the bear?

smile

------------------

Regards,

clutch

yeah, it's also the place where we can actually decide our leader without whining and crying..

::Sarcasm::

wow...according to one whole person...yeah..CrazyKillerMan must know everything about how Canada is run...

::end::

We could easily defeat United States, all we would have to do is invade you guys with affordable housing and good health care and you guys would be "noooooo, affordable housing and good health care!! in the US!!! I must flee!!"

We would win the war in a week with those plans wink

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 02 December 2000).]

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 02 December 2000).]

sarcasm

Or you could simply hack all the tech support databases with your ideas, and then the country would be paralyzed in a DOS-frenzy...

/sarcasm

smile

Don't take things to seriously....

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by DosFreak:
YAY! DOS frenzy!

laugh

I had a feeling you might appreciate that after I posted it. Batch files for everyone!

wink

------------------
Regards,

clutch