Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mekhthecat

Nocturne won't run in XP

I just got this game, even though it was released in 99 I think. It installs fine and then when I double click the icon to play, it just acts like its going to start, then it flashes a black screen real quick and goes back to the desktop as if nothing has happened. I am running XP and I believe the game is win 98/2000. I've tried to run it in compatiblity mode to no avail? Any advice? This is my first post and I would really like to get this running.

I just got this game, even though it was released in 99 I think. It installs fine and then when I double click the icon to play, it just acts like its going to start, then it flashes a black screen real quick and goes back to the desktop as if nothing has happened. I am running XP and I believe the game is win 98/2000. I've tried to run it in compatiblity mode to no avail? Any advice? This is my first post and I would really like to get this running.

Hello, I know this reply is late, but I think I know what your problem might be. I too had tried running compatibility mode and it did not work. Elsewhere, I finally found some old posts mentioning a patch that fixed the Windows XP problem. The patch at the link they had been giving out is no longer available. I finally found a link to the patch, though! This should fix your problem:

http://www.fileplanet.com/36159/download/Nocturne-Patch-2-%28Build-1.00.52%29