Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

1 Terabyte?

I remember seeing an ad about a 1 Terabyte storage device or something about putting 7 drives together as a 1 Terabyte...if anyone has information on where I can find terabyte storage devices and/or their price. Please reply ASAP.

Thanks smile

--------------------------------------------

I'm stupid about 357 days a year.

--------------------------------------------

hmmm, lets see .... todays largest single harddrive is 80 GB (Maxtor DiamondMax 80), quick calculations tell us that you still need 13 of those drives to break the TB mark.

This would be the mother of a RAID array, 13x80GB in RAID0 ... but stop, you might want redundancy, so you would to add a few more drives for RAID5 ... and it would require a sophisticated RAID controller.

edit

cursed by blindness I missed this on the Maxtor homepage:

Check http://www.maxtor.com/products/MaxAttach/MaxAttachExplorer.htm , you can stack up 4 of their MaxAttach 400 NAS with 240GB each and get almost 1 TB ...

/edit

[This message has been edited by DocSilly (edited 30 August 2000).]

I just hook up a SCSI connector to the forehead of an elephant: Tons of storage, never forgets anything, and works for peanuts...

smile

had a strange error in win98 (4.10.1998) where i had a defective 6.4gb Maxtor hdd, Windows said it was 1.64TB, and NO, i'm not lying. it was pretty cool though, wish i would've got a screenshot.

DocSilly that very small drive in the Corporate World,

Do they make Terabyte drive oh yes they sure do but unless you got $60,000 in back pocket.

Terabyte drive are made by Sun,

They even make Terabyte tape drive to.

I might soon be "somewhere" in that corporate world when everything works out fine in my near future wink

SHS, does SUN use "regular consumer HDD's" to build their lil storagewonders, like a big 20 disk RAID array using 10K Cheetahs ?

btw, I know about server and storagefarms somewhere out there in the corporate world ... but this is way out there ... while I would be happy with a small RAID0 setup with three Cheetah X15 for now laugh