Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RogueLeader

Question on Downgrade

I installed Windows 2000 about a week ago, but I'm very disappointed in the Viper II drivers from S3, which are horrible. They over smooth fonts to make them unreadable in some cases, and I can only play Quake 3 now. And those are the beta drivers, the final are worse.

Anyways, is it possible to downgrade back to Windows 98 SE by just installing over Windows 2000, like you can to upgrade. I'm still using FAT32 btw.

Microsoft seems to label Win2k as a "business" o/s, so they want me to pay for support. HA!

[This message has been edited by RogueLeader (edited 16 June 2000).]

No you can't, I'm sorry about the Diamond Viper II. I have a Savage 4 and the drivers for that are even worse than the Savage 2000 ones. Just remember from now on don't buy anything that has anything to do with S3. You have to install Win98 in its own directory and reinstall everything. I don't go back to 98 for one reason though, my computer doesn't crash in 2000. That's worth more than a 3D game or DVD anyday.

I had a Diamond Stealth 540Xtreme....it was the cause of all my problems with Win2K crashing.

Here's the solution:

BUY NVIDIA!!

GeForce is well worth the money smile

------------------

PIII 500 (Pre CuMine)

160MB RAM

GeForce DDR

Sonic Impact S90

Win2K Prof(and W98SE, but unused since early March)

Logitech Itouch Elite

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

Everglide (HL Giganta)

Logitech Quickcam Home

etc. etc. etc.