Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bahar_khafan2005

BSOD: IRQL_not_less_or_equal

i recently bought a new computer , but i ran into BSOD problems

whan i play a game after about 5-10 minutes i got a BSOD saying that IRQL_not_less_or_equal

or sometimes : memory_management

or: faualt pages in nonepages area

but most of the time thee BSOD is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

i have changed my ram and also i installed diffrent version of windows ( XP, Vista , 7 ) but the problem didn't solved.

my system is :

cpu: c2quad 9400 6mb l2

VGA: asus nvidia en9800gt/1gb DDR3

ram : dual channel 2*2 GB crossair bus 1333 DDR3

motherborad: asus p5q3

power : green 545 real

sry for my bad english

HDD : sata 2 1.5 trabyte

plz help me find out what is the problem

sry for my bad enlish

Just by looking those BSOD messages, it seems to me like a memory issue. But since you've swapped out your RAM, it could be an issue with your graphics memory (GDDR). Is your graphics card intergrated with your motherboard (mobo)?

If it is not, then try removing the graphics card and using the onboard graphics. If that works and you don't have any problems, you'll need to get a new card. With the new card, make sure that it is the same chipset as your mobo. I ran into an issue with this when I used an nVidia card with an ATI mobo chipset. System continued to freeze up on me while playing a game. Once I got an ATI chipset card, she's been purring like a kitten with no crashes.

If the graphics card is integrated, then try reinstalling the drivers for the graphics. The newest one should be tried first, then work your way back a bit.

Some posts that I saw with this card is that it has a tendency to overheat, which can easily cause issues like this.

I have changed the graphic card with another one ( old one ) as you said but it makes no diffrence

in both of motherboard and graphic card manual said that these 2 will support each other and also mobo nad VGA are from same brand

Do you get this problem when you use the onboard graphics only?

Hmmm... next time you get the BSOD, write down the hexadecimal values (e.g., 0x129e5a00). You'll see 5 sets of them. The first will be outside the parentheses, and the other 4 will be inside them. When you get them, post them here exactly as they are displayed. That might help figure out exactyl what the error is.