Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
norrissm

Kmode error

Hi. I have been getting K mode errors recently numerous times........Sometimes while playing games and sometimes while not doing much of anything.....The bluescreen just pops up with a Kmode error. I have been trying to get a pick of the screen b/c I can't write gast enough before it reboots. Anybody know what the deal is? I've got a BE6-II cel 366 running @ 600 Mhz, 20.5 Gig IBM ATA 66, diamond V770 32 MB, running Win2k build 2195. Would appreciate some help.

This is just a guess but maybe the overclocking? Remember that Windows2000 is based on NT and NT doesn't take too good to overclocking like Win98 does. I am lucky though with my 300a at 464 but I am using a 103 mhz bus. You are using what? 110 mhz bus right? Try lowering it to default first and try it.

I think I figured it out.........Still runnin @ 600 Mhz. I was using a program called RAM Boost which I bvelieve frees up RAM..........I think maybe it tried freeing up RAM that was being used. I quit using it and hasn't happened in a while. smile