Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Inray

SBLive owners read this !!!

Hi,

A usual SBLive problem using it on Windows 2000 is the very long booting delay and power management issues, like non awake after suspend.

Try the following solution:

Locate under "\Winnt\system32" the file DEVLDR32.EXE and rename it to anything you want (just to avoid loading)

Reboot your computer and your computer will work again with almost no delays and power issues....

(Tested using SBLive, Live Platinum, Live 5.1 family cards, Live OEM)

[This message has been edited by Inray (edited 18 January 2001).]

This is an old tip(fyi), but oh well

Another option-the one listed before-was to move it from the system32 folder to your startup folder. That way you still have it running....but it starts much faster. I've been doing this since August of last year....and it's been great.

------------------

My PC is warm. I think our fire wall is acting up.

Inferno is right.

If you rename it then you wont be able to use AudioHQ.

Just move it to your startup folder.. and it works wonderfully from there.

Never had a problem with Liveware. Probly because I disable the stuff in startup all the time. Devldr32.exe is always a service but it never causes me any problems.

Sorry to repost this old tip but it's first time i tried it.

I never use the whole Liveware as i use SB only as MIDI/HDR card and not for media or games. One annoying problem with Liveware is that my computer doesn't awake after standby mode. Disabling devldr32.exe solves that issue.

Have you try running it from registry RUN / RunOnce keys instead of startup folder, or as a startup NT service ? I don't want to totally disable it as it controls the LiveDrive function.

doing it the way mentioned above should allow you to wake up....

and you're not disabling it.

Reposts are fine! I just wanted to tell ya that it is in fact an old tip

does sound work in win2k for most of you? I'll have my sb live card tomorrow and have heard that most people have trouble getting sound in win2k, my friend's card dont even work in win2k, it detects it fine and isntalls drivers but no sound..

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">does sound work in win2k for most of you? I'll have my sb live card tomorrow and have heard that most people have trouble getting sound in win2k, my friend's card dont even work in win2k, it detects it fine and isntalls drivers but no sound..</font>

Some people say they have "cracking" sound in windows 2000. This is not my case. Winamp plays mp3 fine, and my games work great to. There is only one problem: directmusic support is awfull! Sound is choppy (try to play final fantasy VIII with MS synth).

However, it works fine in other cases.

My SBLive 5.1 Platinum sounds really good but sometimes i'm getting some crack noices. Not while playing but during bootup sequence. I have also noticed random low noice coming from LiveDrive headphone out. Not a big problem though.

To attempt to remove those popping sounds: in Control Panel, sounds and multimedia, Audio, Advanced, Peformance, move the acceleration a notch to the left of Full.

I've had a SBlive! since they first came out (origninal release) and it has been superb! smile

It worked in windows 95...then windows 98...then windows 2000 AND ME

the latter two worked without me even needing to install any drivers wink

(at the expense of EaX2, but it only costs performance)

P3 933EB

384mb Cube PC100 Memory (Cas-2)

Mainboard : P34Vx

Graphics card: Asus V6800 Deluxe ge-force( laugh!)

Running win2k Pro and ME (dual)

I have the SBLive! Value card installed in my Windows2000 system, and thought I'd share my experience. When I had Windows98SE, everything was fine. After I installed Windows2000, I would often get a 'crackling' sound while playing audio and doing anything else, even the simple act of scrolling a webpage. Then, I bought a Samsung DVD drive. When I played my first movie, I was thrilled with the sound quality. There was no distortion. However, the video framerate was not what it should be. Therefore, I enabled DMA on the DVD drive (it was PIO mode) and the framerate was Perfect. But, now my audio crackled whenever the drive access light blinked. Very Annoying. So, maybe this whole crackling sound issue has something to do with DMA being enabled (my Win98SE installation did not automatically enable DMA on my harddrives, but Windows2000 did)

Does the Santa Cruz handle SMP issues any better than the SBLive? If I does, I am buying one tomorrow...

:}

Santa Cruz is ok for general use but it blows when it comes to audio recording.