Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corinthian

Can't install Live!Ware 3.0

Hi!

I have problems installing Live!Ware 3.0

Have downloaded all 4 files several times.

5 secounds after I click the setup, my pc freezes.

Have tried clean install of win2k, with and without ACPI, with and without SP1.

Tried different PCI slots.

Tried installing with and without overclocking.

The drivers in Win2k works ok, but SPDIF out doesn't work.

IRQ 7 is shared with GeForce, USB Universal Host Controller, SB Live, 3Com Etherlink

Sound Blaster Live! 1024 Player

Abit BH6 Rev 1.1, SP BIOS

Celeron2 566 @ 850 Mhz

256 MB PC133 Ram

GeForce2 MX AGP Graphics Card

Matrox Millennium PCI Graphics Card

ACPI Enabled in BIOS

Serial and Paralell ports disabled in BIOS

Floppy Drive Disabled in BIOS

HELP !!!!!!!!

I cant answer all your problems, but I do know about the IRQs. Thats perfectly normal for that many devices to share a single IRQ, so dont sweat it out. All the work to change them isnt worth it.

Creative seems to think since they practically own the sound card business, they can give crap support and get away with it. I dont what the deal is, but a lot of people have complained about their SB Live! cards having problems.

All this is convincing me to stay away from creative sound cards.

PCI devices are supposed to be able to share IRQs, but Windows 2000 is the first OS that's enforced that rule. The problem is, Sound Blaster Live! cards don't obey that rule very well, and it causes tons of freezes. The SPDIF out is also currently broken in the SB Live! drivers.

Your only real option is to get a different sound card. I have a Santa Cruz, and it works great. I don't have digital speakers, but I'm told SPDIF does work.

Yes, I know IRQ's will be shared if ACPI is enabled, and my system doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

It is just strange that the pc will completely freeze 5 seconds after I try to install Live!ware 3.0

But if SPDIF is broken in Live!Ware 3.0, I guess the point in installing them is gone.

How about EAX ? Is EAX enabled in the drivers in Win2k, or do I need Live!Ware 3.0 for it to work ?

Anyone knows when Live!Ware 4 is out ?

Thanx

ACPI should work fine on your board. Just for the heck of it, pull one of the video cards. Download the archive again in case you have a bad archive. Make sure that your temp dir is cleaned out. Download Startup Control Panel at http://www.mlin.net/files/StartupCPL.zip and make sure that you have disabled any unnecessary programs running in the background, reboot when you have done this. After you have done those things (or ideally one at a time), post back what happened.

------------------

Shrink

-------------------------------------------

"If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward."

-------------------------------------------

PIII 650@850; BE6-II Mobo with 384 mb PC133 ram; 40GB WD Caviar, 20 gig Quantum KX, 8 gig Quantum CR; Ricoh 7060a burner; Aopen 52X CDRom; ATAPI Zip 100; SBlive Value; Realtech NIC; All In Wonder Radeon AGP; a bunch of USB Stuff (keyboard, mouse, scanner, hubs, blah blah); Windows 2000 Pro SP1; and a partridge in a pear tree.

[This message has been edited by Shrink (edited 02 April 2001).]