Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
INFERNO2000

interesting problem

I went out and bought an Abit SA6R for my PIII system.

it didn't overclock to where I wanted it to(I wanted equal to or better than my CUSL2)...so I sold it to a friend. I bought an Asus A7V133 and a 1.1ghz Tbird.

The BIOS edition is 1001C, the first one

I'm wanting to update it, but when I try using the BIOS utility, it says it's a mismatch--and while the bios says KT133a, the BIOS chip on my board is saying KT133

any idea what's going on? It's recognized as an -a in everything else...

Sounds like maybe your using an odd version of aflash.exe. Get the latest one here and then trying it. If that doesn't work contact Asus directly, these things are mass produced so there is the occasional SNAFU and it could be Asus' fault.

Aflash definately must be the correct version, like Ronin says, check that first.

It's a while since I updated an Asus bios(P2B-F about a year ago) now, but I vaguely recall that this situation was mentioned somewhere on their web pages, as an issue especially with beta bios. The solution then was to ignore it, which I did and it worked.

This is of course not a guarantee that it works in your case. I'd suggest you spend a few bucks (about 10-20$)for an extra bios chip before you try. Alternatively, locate a shop that has a chip flasher, and make a backup disk of your current bios file before you try. That way you can revert fast if things turn ugly.

H.

here's what the problem was.

the AsusUpdate BIOS flashing utility that came on the CD, 2.27.04, is incompatible with my motherboard. I was instructed to get 2.27.07(I didn't know a new version had been out, otherwise I'd have gotten it for my CUSL2).

I tried it, and it worked. Problem solved.

But why would the version that came on the CD that came with the motherboard -NOT- be compatible?

That just seems kind of stupid.

------------------

My PC is warm. I think our fire wall is acting up.

Will Work For Bandwidth

What You Say?

All Your Base Are Belong To Us