Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Inray

Intellimouse explorer weird problem

Hi,

I use an MS Intellimouse Explorer plus latest intellipoint (3.2) driver under Win2K. Recently my mouse cursor start to move erratic, whenever i try to move it arround it jumps in other position near original.

I know about the famous Intellipoint movement problems but this issue has nothing to do with optical coder resolution and the rest intellieye problems.

I never use mouse for games so i have no problem with its response lag on fast movements.

My problem is the jumps and erratic movements while i move cursor just a few centimeters over the desktop. I saw some posts in newsgroups on that specific issue as well as some Microsoft faq sections but the only solution they suggest is removal and reinstallation of Intellipoint 3.2

I did that after i cleaned all registry keys and my mouse did worked fine for two weeks. Then it still jumps and moves frown.gif

BTW i use the USB version on i850 boards and all the USB peripherals i had when my mouse had no problem. I tested two more new (boxed) intellimice with the same issues. Ofcourse a reformating and Win2k reinstallation will fix those problems but that's not the point.

So i need to know your experience on that specific Intellimouse / intellipoint 3.2 problems, if you ever had, and your comments on possible solution...

yeah it is usually due to lack of cleaning, even though intellieye mice really dont have to be cleaned they should still be cleaned once and a while. Also try screwing with the pointer accelration options in it too.