Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emthompson

More power!!!

Hey, I need to know how to up the power to my video card. I have been experiencing game flicker and flashing for about three weeks now. I have tried everything that my friend and I can thing of ie. drivers, updates, stuff like that. I originally had a hurculies geforce2 mx. I went to their web site and they recomended to turn up the power to the card using the i/o settings or something like that. Anyway I said f*ck it and bought a geforce2 gts 64mb ddr card. I thought that this card would do the trick. .....But nnnooooo. The problem still happens. I have tried the card out on my friends computer (intel platform, I have a athlon platform) and it does the same thing. He has a geforce 256 ddr card. It does not flicker or flash. I also tried my mx card on his system and it to does it. Any way I think that my problem is the power but I don't know how to up it.

Have you considered installing a larger wattage power supply?

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

"Talking to DeadCats is like talking to a dead cat." -MrsDeadCats, 2001

a 64 meg gts and an mx are both based on smaller archetecture and as such will draw less power that that geforce ddr - try ur mates ddr on ur pc if it works then it aint a power problem

give me more specifics on pc specs and gfx card specs

His card, a geforce 256 ddr, ran fine in my comp. Both the gts and the mx did the same thing on mine as well as his.

His setup

intel 440 bx-2 board

p3 600

512mb pc100

300w power supply

geforce 256 ddr

win2k sp-1

Mine

soyo sy-k7vta board

thunder ighz

384mb pc133

geforce2 gts ddr 64mb