Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oXide

Why is my system so dope??

ok this needs to be said

u are just a very lonely person who needs to advertise there pc because they have an extremely small penis

Nice systems you got here guys...

here's mine:

:: W_Buffy ::

AMD Athlon K75 700@800 MHz (114x7)

Abit KA7

256 Mb Apacer PC100 Cas2

Modified Alpha P7125 to fit directly on the CPU-core

Asus V6800 GeForce DDR with Golden Orb as cooler (runs at 150/354)

Creative SoundBlaster Live! Value

A cheap crappy 10/100 Mbit NIC

IBM 75gxp 30,7 Gb UDMA100

Fujitsu MPD3173AT 17,3 Gb UDMA66

32x CD-ROM

4x CD-ROM

AOpen HX08

------------------

Marchuz^

UIN: 42900735

marcus@fofso.net

[This message has been edited by Marchuz^ (edited 29 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Marchuz^ (edited 29 January 2001).]

Well, i guess since everyone else has this need for ego boosting, i will post my machine specs as well....

Asus A7V Mobo

AMD T-bird 1.1 Ghz.

512 mb pc-133 RAM (micron)

Asus V7700 Geforce 2 DDR 64megs

Wester Digital 40 gig ATA 100 HD (7200 RPM)

IBM Deskstar 20 gig (7200 RPM)

Kenwood 72x True X CD-ROM

SBLive!

3com 10/100 nice (3c905c)

Iomega Zip 100 drive (internal)

17" MAG FD-350 flat display monitor

I think that about covers it. Im kinda with Ronin on this one....i just like to spend money on the parts, because i have nothing else to spend my money on. I think it is fun upgrading and testing out new possibilities. Anyway...Oxide...nice machine....but get a life dude. If you really feel like being a jack *** , then go outside, pick up a rock, and throw it at a kid bigger than you. Then, just stand there for a sec, and see what happens. Maybe then you will grow up a little.

Oh, and i play CS, Q3, Action quake 2, and Unreal Tournament. CS is the most fun and it is the hardest to get good at. In case anyone cares...i play on the PIMP server in CS. If ya ever want to play....I am under the name HarU or -=EuA=-Tommyboy. If ya want to see some cool stats go to:

cstrike.digitalrefuge.com.

Oxide, if you ever want to get your *** whooped in any First Person Shooter that you think is "not" a game for pussies...ie quake, then you just let me know. I will be sure to help you with that.

If nothing else, this post gave everyone a chance to show off there machines...in a friendly way (excluding oxide). And, in that sense, is kinda cool. There's a lot of great machines on this board. Peace out guys...

See...you guys hated me at first...but indirectly, I am helping you...Everyone wants to show off their systems, and I have given you a way to vent your ego. You may not realize it now, but one day when one of your friends who didnt post their systems dies of over-modesty, you will say "thank you oXide, you really do possess the big X."

-oXide

ps...everyone knows CS is for pussies; thats a given like the integral of a derivative.

[This message has been edited by oXide (edited 29 January 2001).]

That's funny...not only did you not comment on my post, but you completely avoided any challenges i may have made in retrospect of your allegations of "pussy" games pointed at CS. So, it seems that when it is all said and done...you can talk **** to gamers about one of the best games ever made, but you can't even defend yourself in the games you claim to be "non-pussy" games. Tsk Tsk Tsk...Just gives everyone even more of a reason to degrade you not only as an end-user, but as a gamer alike. The more and more i think about it....you are quite pathetic.

p.s. Anyone think this is Jdulmage under a different name, or is he just a lamo also?

you want to play you f-ing puss? feel free to drop me a line or IM me at volcom7@aol.com. I am not affriad of your challenge, its just that I dont have time to deal with bullsh*t..i have school and work full time and for me squeeze in an *** -whooping isnt the most convientent thing. But since you think you're such a bad a$$ we will see.

-oXide, b*tch

ps...and who is pathetic? I am just having a little fun on a messageboard that I highly respect...YOU are the one who is taking everything I say to heart. Maybe you should go out and get a life outside this board. The fact that you are truly angered by my CS comment only proves that you are the one who is pathetic, b*tch

[This message has been edited by oXide (edited 29 January 2001).]

Am I the only one who thinks that this thread is a complete waste of time? I think it should be closed so we can have some real discussions instead of rising to the my dick's bigger than your dick syndrome. Hey guys don't rise to people like Oxide - it's simply not worth it!!!

[This message has been edited by Damien (edited 29 January 2001).]

I agree with you Damien that this is getting just plain stupid. But, i don't think it should be closed because it brings action to the board and allows users to speak their mind. That is a big part of this board.

Oxide, i was not taking any of your babble to heart; i was only defending CS gamers, and i believe i have a right to my own opinion. So, you continue to act the way you are acting, and i wont have to say anything else. You will do all the insulting to yourself without my help.

hahaha! If any of you have seen any of my previous posts, you'd know I am usually a repsectable, intelligent part of this established community...i just thought I'd have some fun thats all, and it seems to have worked....but come on now...i have a 15000rpm drive =)

-oXide

Well the whole idea about this thread was just so everyone would pimp my system. Because when you look at the entire picture, everyone should just BOW!! to me..

This is all in fun guys so don't think I'm trying to be a jerk.

Who's the master?

hehe

Ronin,

I BOW TO YOU.

Your rock solid stability on your 840 chipset system gave me the incentive to move toward the 840 chipset in the face of it being slammed hard by just about every hardware site on the net.

Your mature response when you were told to "shut the **** up!" really impressed me as well.

Your technical expertise in helping people in this forum has been an asset to this group.

I will admit that ALL of us techies tend to get a bit Big Headed from time to time and don't like intrusions from some of the weirder posts. (any one remember jdulmage's first strange new posts, Hey! I still wonder if there is any validity to the whole upgrade deal he went on about.)

Oxide,

I admit your specs are good. You say that you did this all for under a grand? Including the 15000 RPM Drive? Not bad. Nothing worse than being impressed by something you've done and finding yourself slammed by the community for wanting to impress. No doubt you are upset because you had thought you might get a few ego strokes. However there are a lot of us who will throw gobs of money at our system with nothing leftover for other stuff so you have some validity in what you say.

No doubt that in a gaming contest neither Ronin's or any larger systems are really going to have that much of a faster feel. Heck. My daughters PII 300 doesn't really feel much slower than my lead system in my household. Heck the G3 400 actually "feels" faster than all of them, though in number crunching / fps tests I'm sure my lead system would win.

Remember though, even though this is a hardware forum, it is on NTCOMPATIBLE and is really out there for each other to help one another. Lets make this productive eh?

I propose if you really want to get into a pissing contest you show some benches to back it up along with the price you paid, then we can get a price / performance post rolling and see how much speed the extra money spent really gives a person. I surely know I was shocked to see that my system didn't clock that much better than DosFreaks when I went for the real numbers with my system.

Lets keep this forum fun and most of all lets keep our heads in reality, for the truly intelligent, the numbers will speak more than the pissing contest.

just my 2 cents.

Here, I'll throw in my 2 cents worth.

Asus A7V

Duron 600@680MHz (6x113)

384MB PC133 SDRAM

Maxtor 20.4GB ATA100 (Really Quite HD)

Toshiba 12x DVD

Samsung 48x CD-ROM

USB Zip650 CD-RW

USB Zip100

Guillemot Maxi Sound Fortissimo sound card

(for $50 it's really good)

D-Link 10/100 NIC

SIIG IEEE 1394 3-port

Voodoo 4 4500 AGP (I like 3dfx, SO SUE ME!)

Kleer 17-in monitor

MS Intellimouse Optical (If you have pets that shed, get one)

UT GOTYE 2nd CD slows it down a tad, but I love chaos UT. I use WinDVD cuz it's got better support (so Im told) for AMD procs.

Question, how high do I set the voltage to OC the Duron 600 if I use the jumper settings. Right now, Im doing this OC with the BIOS.

HAHAH...OK. I made my initial post knowing that I would piss off alot of people. I've been posting and replying here for a while and I know this is a real community of people out to help eachother....not like plantquake forums. I admit, I respect this forum and I even have it bookmarked...but come on...twas a joke =) Look back at any of my previous posts, and I blend right in =)

-oXide

ps...not joking about CS

Geez, I am so humbled...

---

Athalon 750 @ 750 (Yeah Im chicken **** )

256 pc-100

Asus K7m

Asus v6800 Geforce ddr

20 gig 7200 rpm Maxtor

8 gig 5400 rpm WD

SB Live!

19 inch KDS Avitron monitor

50X sony cd

8x4x32 QPS Que drive

300 Watt P.S.

Intel 100mb nic card

Macronix 10mb Nic Card

BTW, what kind of success have you guys had O/Cing the athalon 750 Retail? How far would i go with the original heatsink and fan on it....I got a couple of mods inside the case already to keep Temp down.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by mello_j (edited 30 January 2001).]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mello_j:
BTW, what kind of success have you guys had O/Cing the athalon 750 Retail? How far would i go with the original heatsink and fan on it....I got a couple of mods inside the case already to keep Temp down.

</font>

With a retail heatsink I think you might reach 800-820MHz, maybe a little more if you're lucky...

------------------
[size:9]Marchuz^
marcus@fofso.net[/color]

700's are the magic proccessors to overclock. They run at 100mhz FSB which makes it more possible to OC (as opposed to a 133FSB becuase you have more room to OC your mem), and they have the highest multiplier at 7x....you should return that thing and get a 700 and clock it to 1000 no prob like me

-oXide

oXide: What you're saying is really true, if you have a Pentium III system, but this guy has an Athlon system, big difference...

------------------

Marchuz^

marcus@fofso.net

Ive been coming across some articles that say the Athalon is clock locked, and to OC it you need to get some sodering skills going.

Is that true??

Ive Oc'ed a Celeron before, and a Duron (with that funky lead pencil trick), but Ive never done any actual chip modifications.

mello_j: It's true that the mutliplier is locked on Athlons but there are two ways to unlock it, first thing is to, just as you say to resolder some small resistors on the PCB, but thats just stupid to do, instead, buy a "GFD-card" and remove the plastic shell from the processor and attach the GFD... then you ca change the multiplier with the dip-swith on the GFD.

The second alternative for overclocking your Athlon is by upping the FSB, this isn't a very good alternative since most AMD chipsets wont be stable at high bus-speeds.

The absolute upper limit for the Via KX133 chipset is at about 120 Mhz. I have an Athlon 700 on a Abit KA7 mb myself that is overclocked to 800 MHz by FSB clocking (114x7).

Another issue when overcloking Athlon classics is the level-2 cache, on a 700 it runs at 1/2 of the processors core speed, when overclocking you have to change the cache-divider so that the cache doesen't sun too fast, avalable cache speeds is 1/2, 2/5 and 1/3 of the processor core speed. You ca change the level-2 cache by resoldering some resistors on the PCB or in BIOS if your mb supports it, or by software like Mathlon.

If you have any questions just mail me or icq me...

------------------

Marchuz^

marcus@fofso.net

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ThC 129:
LOL clutch.
i will save my money for a trip to europe to go raving and see some of the worlds best DJs live or i will save my money and spend it on something that will last me more than 6 months. Either way bragging is for losers, people don't post system specks to see who has the best box they do it so people can see why one thing might work on someone's system or not.
</font>

u read my mind m8!!!!!!!!!, see, i like computers, but i can think of FAR better thing to go spending a few k on or even a few hundred $$..i mean yeah if u can afford, it, and your out on your own, and u got your life sorted out etc etc, but if your living at home with mommy and daddy, and spending all your $$ on the 'latest' computer,,u got some issues, and chances are you'll be spending that first wedding nigth in the room that shares a wall with your parents!!..i love my comp, it does EVEYTHING i want it too, and some!!!! i can do my 3d animation/rendering, i can play Q3 with no probs!!(even though i don't play itanymore..suxs is old!!)! etc etc.so good for u that have a kick *** sys. but if u live at home with your parent and spend all your cash on a comp?GET A LIFE!!!!!!! i would rather have my own place, then be able to come into a forum and 'pretend' to have the best sys, when many other have now shown theirs KICK'S your's A** out the window.

Now for all thsoe who do live at home and do this stuff.this really applies to u, as for the others, including u oXide (if u don't live at homne..lol), i do think it is kew u all got such great systems laugh must be nice (u can send your old systems to me once u get new ones too smile

------------------
=========================
ICQ me!!!
========Specs========
o/s i use
win 2k pro/server/adv server, currently got adv server in laugh
ASUS P3V4X
VARIOUS O/C SETTINGS
PIII 533 @ 640 133fsb
PIII 533 @ 584 150fsb
384mb PC133
20gIBM 7200 rpm
40g MAxtor 7200rpm
Sound Blaster LIVE!!! Platinum
ATI All-In-Wonder 128 32mb 2x Agp
19'Samsung SyncMaster 950p
Logitech Wireless keyboard/Mouse
Creative 52x cdrom
Richo CD-R/RW MP7040a 4/4/32
Epson Stylus colour 760
Cable modem

and i networked with a MAC G3, now sharing printer/hardrives and internet.
WOW, aren't i special now laugh

AND iT ALL WORKS GRRRREAT!!!'

[This message has been edited by Mr.Guvernment (edited 31 January 2001).]

My problem wasn't about the computer, it was about the presentation of the system. I'd like to have some SCSI in there...but I'm not worried about it.

I don't think so highly of my system as to claim supremacy.....my attitude's never been that way, I don't htink.

If the post was something along the lines of "here's my computer-you like?", then this post wouldn't have spawned the responses...but since it was "here it is, wipe your drool away"...well...we're on page 4 now.

------------------

My PC is warm. I think our fire wall is acting up.

I'm still the man.

just kidding...NOT!

Everyone knows I'm a nice guy, unless you start *****ing about your SB Live card not working and that the card sucks.

Hey let's get that thread started again.

hehe

Another thing, I wish we could say some of the words that this board likes to cut off.

I don't get it..

Is this a family site? And what about INFOPOP, the people who write the software for this board, I wish they would add a spell check feature.

My Soundblaster Live! Value sucks man, it crackles....why won't it work???? J/k

-------------

ATTN: Alpha Fan/Heatsink owners....

does anyone have a problem with their fan ruining the fan headers on the motherboard? it ruined two of mine on my Abit VH6 until i cut the wires and ran it directly to my power supply.