Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
@n!e

error in running javacodes on linux(mandrake)??

hi,

i'm new to linux.

i've try to run my java source code on linux(mandrake) which i've already install the jdk for it. I got error when i run it. Is there any possiblities where i can run the same code on my windows and can't run on linux? May i know why is this occur??

thanks in advance. ;(

Could you maybe paste the error message in a post here. It's difficult to track down an error without knowing what the error is.

hi,

my linux(mandrake) can't boot on gui mode.

i'm currently boot up on a command mode. i even try login as root in command mode and then type "init 5". but it doesn't work.

can anyone help me?

;(

Try typing startx and see what error messages you are getting. There could be a whole number of problems, such as misconfigured video card, fonts that haven't been installed, etc. If you feel like playing around until someone gets back to you, try the xf86config. I'm not sure if Mandrake has it's own X Configuration script, but xf86config should be present on all systems.

hi,

i've re-install my linux.

coz' i realli can't figure out n solve the problem.Even i type 'startx' / 'init 5' also cannot load my gui. but for sure lastime i can enter my kde GUI.

thanks for giving me solution n infuture if u pals know the solution pls do share wit me. k.

have a nice day. laugh