Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Buddha

Dual Display In Windows 2000

Does anyone know where I can find information about Dual Display Campatible PCI cards for Windows 2000?

I have several S3 based cards that work fine in Windows 98SE with dual display... But Windows 2000 sees the card but will not initialize it?

I would like to run a Matrox G-450 Dual head and another PCI video card to let me use three displays... I do a lot of grapics work and need the screen real estate...

Thanks ahaed of time for any help...

Buddha

[ December 30, 2000: Message edited by: Buddha ]

I have fixed the problem...

I put the S3 card and the Matrox G-450 32MB DDR card in and had the bios start the computer with the PCI card as default... When 2000 came up it started on the PCI card and then initialized the AGP card... now all three monitors work fine... and since I have another computer for games the preformance is not that much of an issue...

Thanks for the suggestions though...

Buddha

[ December 30, 2000: Message edited by: Buddha ]

Under Win2K, a lot of S3-based cards will work for the primary display, but not for the secondary display.

What does/does not work for the secondary display is, I believe, listed in Microsoft's Windows 2000 Hardware Compatibility List. Or it may be in one of the other MS lists. And it's somewhere on your Win2K CD, and probably also as a text file somewhere on your computer.

Anyway, it's out there somewhere. Sorry I couldn't have been any more help. Well, maybe not all that sorry. Holidays, you know. laugh

It is kind of interesting to note that I couldn't use an old Diamond S3-based card for my secondary display, but could use an old #9 Imagine 128 card that was probably 2 years older than the Diamond.