Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Goober

no d3d acceleration

I have installed windows 2000 with creative's geforce2 vid card. I have recently installed dx8, creative's w2k dirvers_634(build) with their updated blastor control. The diagnostic panel says that Directdraw and direct3d are not accelerated. Games detect no 3d accelerated card in my system now. 2d is working fine and I wouldn't really have noticed until I tried to launch any 3d related software. OpenGL seems to be unaffected(as far as wintune tests are concern).

Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance for any new direction on this.

[This message has been edited by Goober (edited 19 November 2000).]

Abit Kt7-raid with athlon 900mhz. I hadn't had any problem with dx7 and the previous creative drivers but when I did the uninstall of the old drivers with the install of dx8 and the new drivers I had no acceleration anymore. Its been quite interesting back tracking all the steps and trying to find that wrong turn but to no avail so far

Same thing for me with different system but VIA-based thu.

DX8+7.17 and no more agp, no more hardware acceleration!

All 3d apps freeze the system.

I uninstalled carefully (all the standard procedure, safe mode, delete files, delete regkeys and the like) and reinstalled 6.47 to no avail.

I'm stuck frown

?? what beta drivers. The dx8 I used were the official from Microsoft and the creative drivers to my best knowledge were not beta as well.

never use beta drivers? your comment has no purpose, I have always used beta drivers, never were they from Nvidia and my system runs fine. But I can change your comment a little and say "don't install beta drivers if your going to complain about them not working right, install them, you have problems, uninstall, then use from nvidia.com"

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 20 November 2000).]

thank-you for reading and responding but as I posted before

"The dx8 I used were the official from Microsoft and the creative drivers to my best knowledge were not beta as well."

I have double checked and the drivers from creative do not say beta anywhere on them.

Well,

Try using the Nvidia drivers. That's all and if I find something about it, I will surely tell you.

ARC

hmm i think win2k like doing this...

i had a similar problem d3d wasn't accelerated and i had no agp but the funny thing was that it just went, i never changed anything, just noticed q3 going slower and noticed agp was offline.

my mate had identicle prob about 4 weeks later after installing new drvs for gfx card

so my solution would be try to reinstall windows! you never know it will probably fix it

Aragorn

Does anyone with this problem have Netmeeting Remote Desktop Sharing enabled? If so, turn it off! It is what is causing your issue.

[This message has been edited by halen (edited 20 November 2000).]

I want to thank all those that have posted to my reply and confusion on how something like this could happen. The netmeeting circumstance that you describe did not apply to me but it did click something in my head. A couple of weeks back my brother and I tried to netmeet and it froze and crashed. well didn't think much of it(love w2k programs may die but they don't take out the os like in 98) but started to investigate it after you brought up the remote sharing and guess what I found. I actually started to laugh pretty good about it. http://support.mi crosoft.com/support/kb...RCH&SPR=NMT

[This message has been edited by Goober (edited 21 November 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Goober (edited 21 November 2000).]

Just uninstall your drivers via control panel (Add remove programs applet).

Reboot twice, and then, reinstall them.

This should fix your problems.

thank-you for your reply but the above article from Microsoft knowledge base fixed it. Who knew that netmeeting disables d3d acceleration ;(

maybe because NetMeeting happens to use the most D3D that you'll ever see from a common Microsoft Application.