Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mike3411

Creative DXR3 + other player?

I was finally able to get my DXR3 to work using creative's beta drivers, but while the application works it's pretty crappy (video must have a border, can't make it always on top, etc.) for watching movies in non-full screen. Are there any other dvd players that can use the DXR3? I installed PowerDVD to see if that could use the hardware, but if it can I can't get it to. Any suggestions?

-Mike

I ahvent been able to find any. Im talking to intervideo now. I actually cough... bought... (honest) their new windvd software that is supposedly 5.1 compatible. So... since I bought it I'm hoping their support kicks ass. The creative one ( see previous post) crashes my computer. Sucks. Win DVD 2000 looks AMAZING. But who wants prologic. I didnt buy klipsch speakers to hear movies in STUNNING prologic

-Super

------------------

System Specs:

MSI 694D Pro-A Mobo

Dual Gighz pentium III's

320 meg pc 133 sdram

30 Gig Maxtor Ata-100

Geforce 2 GTS

DVD w/ Decoder Card

Sblive etc etc...

I actually fixed the two problems I was having smile. It was all jittery, and I couldn't get it to be on top, but I found options for both in the configurations.

The actual quality of the Pc-Encore blows. THe video isnt sharp at all. In my opinion at least. F'in beta crap <kicks dirt> damnit.... <grumble>

------------------

System Specs:

MSI 694D Pro-A Mobo

Dual Gighz pentium III's

320 meg pc 133 sdram

30 Gig Maxtor Ata-100

Geforce 2 GTS

DVD w/ Decoder Card

Sblive etc etc...

You know, I'm only running a crappy PII 333Mhz (but with 192Mb RAM), a Creative 6x DVD and Encore Dxr3 decoder card, and my movies play very well in Win2K. Nothing jittery, full-screen or partial screen, no crashing, sharp image, etc.

I'm using the Creative beta drivers + the registry hack someone on this board posted.

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

It doesn't matter what your system specs are (within reason) for a hardware dvd decoder, as the card is doing all of the work.

Hey mike3411, could you please tell me how you fixed the choppy video with the WinDVD 3.0. I downloaded the trial verson and it is pretty crappy, but it found the 5.1 setup. Thanks.

------------------

"I've got thirteen channels of $hit on the T.V. to choose from." - Pink Floyd

wanna know something cool, just.... install the hollywood drivers on the

dxr3, then install the hollywood software, and bang it works great smile

------------------

System Specs:

MSI 694D Pro-A Mobo

Dual Gighz pentium III's

320 meg pc 133 sdram

30 Gig Maxtor Ata-100

Geforce 2 GTS

DVD w/ Decoder Card

Sblive etc etc...

Works fine for some, didn't work for me. Everything appears to work differently on different people's computers, the H+ drivers/software didn't work on mine, but the Creative beta stuff works great.

Quote:
Originally posted by mike3411:
When did I say I used WinDVD?

Sorry, I ment to say powerDVD, my bad, I was thinking of other DVD players in my head and I typed windvd. ID10T error here. So how did you fix it?

------------------

I never had any problems with Power DVD, the only "problem" was that it decodes the DVD via software, not taking advantage of my hardware decoder card.

Quote:
Originally posted by mike3411:
I installed PowerDVD to see if that could use the hardware, but if it can I can't get it to. Any suggestions?
-Mike

That is the problem I'm talking about. How did you fix it? Thanks

------------------

I didn't. PowerDVD is a software dvd decoder, and as I explored it more I realized there IS no way to have it use a hardware dvd card, as that's not what it's for. The problems I did fix were with Creative's player, when I found options to get it to stop being squiggly and have it always on top.