Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jarred

Polaroid Colorshot Printer

I would like to know if anybody has been able to get their Parallel Colorshot printer to work under Win2000.

I've called Polaroid and they have no idea when they will come out with a Win2000 driver if at all. I know in the past that users have hacked win98 drivers to get a device to work in 2000. If anybody has done so, can you please post a message.

Hi,

This is not a solution, but I too amd waiting with baited breath for Polaroid to release an NT-compatible printer driver for their Colorshot printers. I got a parallel version really cheap, and it works great in Win98 and WinME; however I can DO MORE with my system under 2000, so I want to stay with that OS.

Joe

For the parallel Colorshot currently the best (only?) way to continue to use it on more modern versions of Windows is to download Microsoft's FREE(!) Virtual Machine software (30MB) and, using your old Win98 installation CD, you can install a Windows 98 O/S on a virtual PC running Vista or XP.

Once your virtual '98 PC is up and running you can allow it to access to your real PC's parallel port and you can install the Colorshot drivers as normal on your new 98 PC.

You can even (with the provided extras) share a directory on your real PC with your virtual one.

Because of the speed of modern computers the virtual PC is very quick to start up and is not much of an overhead when printing.

I did it this afternoon - and it works.

Good Luck,

Theo