Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FrogMaster

Celery 2 rocks!

All you Intel cronies keep buying your chips...keep paying more for them and keep complaining that systems....that you dont own or have never built run slower and more unstable than yours. I will say this again My T-bird will blow your POS INTEL off the FU#KING planet...and I didnt have to sell my house or my SOUL to get one. You are all commies...thats why INTEL chips are made by 12 year old TAWAINESE kids...in sweat shop factories.... just so you can pay prime dollars to get that INTEL INSIDE LOGO

Keep buying into INTEL..while the truly intelligent people look at the facts and make an unbiased purchasing decision

www.yourmom.com

FEWLS

Quote:
Originally posted by tristan777:
Greggy- i don't even think Cyrix is around anymore. if AMD was anything like Cyrix, they probably would have met a similar demise.

Cyrix is still around, they've just been... researching, yeah that's it. Trying to find out why they sucked. VIA owns them now, so they have some momentum. They are actually about to drop a chip in the 500-600MHz, based on their new 'Joshua' core. Although, from the preliminary data, it looks like it will have sub-Celeron performance. But hey, poor peeps need computers too... I mean I had to save up a whole summer just so I could get the real deal, a PIII 500E. Figured I'd slip in my vote. :P although, I wouldn't trust any Intel chip above 850MHz, cuz they've been rushing, which sacrifices quality. if I needed a computer that fast, I would probably go with a T-bird. But I'de still keep my PIII around for doing real work, and not just gaming.

-bZj

I've built an AMD system...with a GeForce.

IT GAVE ME TOO MANY PROBLEMS TO BE ABLE TO TRUST THE COMPUTER.

With that board(K7V), I could NOT run NTFS, because I would get ntfs.sys errors.

My computer would crash after every game(if it made it into it) with an ntoskrnl.exe error.

So, Sapiens, I do know what I'm talking about. And I am competent in PC creation. I've built and rebuilt several systems...so I'm not just spewing random comments of disdain to AMD, as I've got experience with it.

Oh..and if you buy the 800, and it overclocks to 900 or 1000?...so what? I've got one..and it's at 954. No higher, no lower. HAd I bought and 800e instead of eb, I'd be over a gigahertz right now...but I didn't. And that extra 46mhz doesn't mean anything to me. I've posted at 1g. in 9x, it ran. in 2k, it won't.

As a Pentium III owner(2x), and am AMD owner(2x), my PIII systems have been less troublesome. I'm not sure about this new AMD system...but since I'm going for older parts..(except for that geforce2 mx), I should be ok.

PIII = expensive and fast

K7 =less expensive and fast

Cyrix = portable toaster and radiation leak.

Let's end the fight, ane enjoy our computers, and fight not for processor types, but x86 agains the Risc or whatever Mac has :P

err... did u flash the bios, and get the newest agp drivers and other drivers? i find it strange to say the least that you have all these problems, but me nor my friends, nor any recent review i have read do...

x86 is RISC's *****. i'm sorry. look at consoles(with the exception of the X-Box) then look at pcs.

and Mac sucks. and so does it's resource hungry OS.

I dunno about Risc. It's the only other consumer processor I know of

and yeah, played with all the bioses, drivers, etc. I download the newest available thing immediately

Wait a second...we all are missing something.

Megahertz for megahertz(price excluded), the AMD fails miserably...

not because of the Celeron

not because of the PIII Coppermine.

There's a nice little Chip out there called a Xeon running with a 2MB L2 Cache..that I garauntee will not only Stomp an athlon, but kick it while it's down.

:P

But that's not a fair comparison, as an 866mhz L2 Cache PIII is 2000 dollars :P

Oh..but think of the fun hooking 8 of them up in SMP smile

There's something intel wins on.

So AMD releases a chipset for 2.

Intel has them for 8, maybe even 16.

smile

ok

thats good for me

Quote:
Originally posted by FrogMaster:
Oh yeah, and mine is longer and thicker and faster.
Childish intel/amd religion war. Reminds me of the Apple/Ibm war.
You are too dumb to understand that it is only a question of having fun, just the pleasure to get the max from the hardware you have at hand at a given time.
Ridiculous.

I think this says it all...

-bZj

OK. I couldn't resist any longer. I have both AMD and Intel systems here in my home. Folks there is no question that AMD is making a superior product. The problems come in when looking for a chipset to run it on! VIA SUCKS!!! (but Intel is holding a close second) I ran the athlon/VIA combo under windows2000 with more headaches than it was worth.(fwiw: reboots, bluescreens, application errors) The stability came on the VIA chipset when the 4.23 drivers were released but it was too late, it was apparent to me that AMD/VIA were an afterthought for MicroSoft on this OS and that VIA themselves saw windows2000 as an afterthought as well. Moved to Intel/Intel combo, CC820 motherboard/ PIII 733. Whoa!! wait a minute! I thought the stability was going to be better on this platform. We all know by now about the MCH issue was causing spontanious brownouts and reboots under 2000. Well shoot! I should have stuck with the AMD/VIA combo it was just starting to get stable. Finally the word came the the CC820 was majorly screwed up. Exchanged the CC820 for a VC820 with PC800 RDRAM and I have to say this is a platform I can live with!! When the time came to get a windows98 machine for my wife we went for an HP running the ATHLON 800 / VIA combo on ME. Oh my GOD, this thing is as stable as my Windows2000 AMD/VIA combo was at first!! OK this time I'm not gonna jump the gun, I'll wait for VIA to get their drivers straightened out and then move on....

Hey, people!

I've been on the road throughout Europe during last week for a big project I'm leading - I mean a really huge project.

It seems that in the meantime my little celery has put fire to this thread smile

I would like to thank all of you who approved my playing with this little puppy and did understand that this was only for fun. Squeezing extra MHz at no cost and have W2K running happily on top is real fun.

The other ones and especially one of them are ignorant lame a$$es.

The very truth is that within a professionnal framework, you simply won't consider anything else than Intel for mission-critical applications - given you're in an 80x86 environment.

Believe me. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about setting up a home network and counting fps in Q3A or UT. I'm talking about a 50,000 direct users, 140,000+ potential users worldwide project.

When I'm at home, I play with celeries.

When I'm at work, I don't play. I want to bring value to my users, which means round the clock 365/365 top-notch service and reliability.

Real professionnals out there will understand what I mean.

Real fun at home and at work, that's what is important but they are two worlds apart. Do not play with the same toys.

winkwinkwink

Hehe,

What a lovely ending.

But I still state that the C64 was better than the speccy.

Although I did love Atic Atac ;-)

Yak

--

Tell that to the real professionals that bought The CC820 for stability or the 1.13 GHZ... Real professionals run linux or unix..so I'm told. Fu@k your celery if your so intelligent and such a GURU WTF are you doing with that POS. PLease explain that one....Why didn't you get the real deal and get a P3 to play with. Even I'v have owned several only one celeron and that was a 300A...If you were smart you woulda read that the celeron 2 just plain sucks..at 566 or 954 what ever you got it up too...and since your supporting 144,000 computers or whatever.. you shoulda known this already.

I hate INTEL business practices but I'm smart enough to know if i buy one its gonna be a P3...anything else well...theres a reason That compaq and Hp sell so many C2's...cause people are stupid...and beleive they are getting the same peformance..that might have been the case with the older celerons compared to the P2's..but these new ones are a joke. You know what kills me the most is WTF can you say when you take the time to overclock your Pitiful Celery and then say AMD chips are too much Trouble..but yet youll take the time and effort to get that extra 23 MHZ from your C2. That shows your biased and obviously have too much free fu@#ing time on your hands..

www.yourmom.com

FEWLS

Mein Got!

I give up.

Still have fun smile

I've got a lot of time to play indeed, say ... between 10:30 pm and 1 am.