Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ramus

Dual monitors with Twinview... ACK!

I just setup my new Geforce II MX with two monitor connections, and my two Trinitron monitors.

Now I find out that Windows 2000 cannnot display dual monitors in the "standard" fashion. (two independent displays with separate resolution and frequency settings).

ACK!

PS: Clone and Span suck.

Yes I know. I have the same problem with a Matrox G400 DH. So then do the the Whistler users still have this problem. I would think not because if we are moving to NT then MS would not want all of their customers who enjoy the correct dual monitor support on 98/ME to be downgraded when they migrate to Whistler. Think of all the unsuspecting folk who will just think that when the upgrade their OS things will get better. We know different. We know that so much crap still doesn't work. I think it's motivation for the hardware makers to get good drivers out. I'll be here to flame like a MOFO if they don't. smile

J_Pro, as you kind of hinted, the problem lies with the OS, and not the card drivers.

G400 users (myself included) have been battling with Matrox to get this fixed, but they are 100% adament that the problem lies with Microsoft and the way they have coded parts of the OS.

I think I might just put a post in the Whistler forum to see how things are stacking up.