Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
someone_nt

How do I enable strech interpolation in 6.18 (detonator 3) d

In previous nvidia's releases, there was an option under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Nvidia\Corporation\Riva TNT\Display

called NoStrechInterpolation.

When you set that option to 0, windows would smooth graphics when resizing a windows. This also created a nice interpolation efect, very usefull in directx aplications.

Since there doesn't seem to be any similar key in windows 2000 drivers, does anybody know any website with detonator 3 registry keys explained, or any way to re-enable hardware interpolation.

PS: I beleive Microsoft calls this "HARDWARE BLIT".

You may also want to search for "hardware overlay" and "color key" if the application you are needing involves the transformation of live video/windowed app to be resized etc. This is usually used by DVD players, video media players, and TVtuners. It never works with TNT based (and geforce?) after detonator 2.08 for many applications such as hauppauge wintv in win9x (now fixed with 6.18), but still dead as always in NT/2000. IF you see a rectangle (usually pink) where your window should be then this is hardware overlay, with the color key trying to work. But failing.

Is this any help?

No, it is not exactly this. I don't use DVD players. The fact is that I use many emulators, and I've noticed that resizing a window decreases FPS a lot. If I disable "scale image to fit window", it runs smooth.

I KNOW it is an specific driver issue, because windows 98 supported this, but windows 2000 doesn't.

OK, but I'm sure you should check up on overlay, it performs a stretch in hardware.

I not sure but a Blit is a copy from an off-screen buffer. There probably are functiosn that alter the copy to add effects like stretch and interpolation, but who knows? The slow down is most likely due to the drivers in NT not allowing certain function calls to be hardware accelerated (first stop check graphics acceleration slider). It then falls back to software emulation mode, and uses MMX integer or 3dnow(or whatever intel call theirs). Download the directX control panel program, and compare the supported functions.

just felt like posting again, so that this topic went straight into the most recent ones :-)

But now, seriously, has anybody experiencied the same problems like mine's (Specially, in Snes9x).