Compatible Support Forums
Win7Guru

Windows 7 Login problem, doesn't recognize user

I don't know what has happened, but I cannot login with my User Profile unless I go into safe mode, in normal mode it says logging into windows, but then it says preparing desktop which tells me it will go into a temporary profile. I try to login after I hardboot or manually press the power button with no such luck. I should be more specific about not being able to login, I try to login and a screen pops up saying the following message.

The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

Then I get a popup in the taskbar that says my Kaspersky Antivirus is not enabled, but it clearly is activated.

After that, one of two things happens, I get another popup saying that Kaspersky failed to launch and it asks me if I want to send a bunch (like 7 or 8) dump files called tiny.dmp and full.dmp. This is very annoying and cumbersome, because it prevents me to even send the dump files and crashes every single time it occurs. I will touch base with Kaspersky, seeing as my trial is almost up, but I should let you know that until two days ago, I had seamless performance. Although, I had a few BSOD's mainly irq less not equal, win32k.sys, and recently a problem regarding pcouffin.sys a driver from a DVD maker program, I have had no problems.

Which build are you using ???

The original 7000 build ???

One thing you could try in safe mode, open control panel and the User Accounts and add another user and see if that profile loads properly.

If so, make sure it's a local administrator and then logon using that account.

You may have to delete and recreate the original account as it maybe corrupted.

Since you have a bunch of save dumps too, could also be related to that issue which in turn has corrupted the os and in turn the user profile.