Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rogueprogrammer

Creative Labs GF2 GTS and Win2K

hey,

has anyone else every had the problem of graphical glitches when you move your mouse over text or just anywhere in general in Windows. games seem to run fine, but when i am just browsing or doing normal work it locks up on me. i just got the card last night and removed my V3 3000. the V3 worked great but i'll be damned if i can use Windows for more then 10 mins without a lock up with this card. i expected a little more for $470 canadian. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

rogueprogrammer

P3 500, 128 MB, Tekram U2W, 9.1 U2W, Aureal Vortex 2, Pioneer 6X DVD, Yamaha CDRW, CL GF2 GTS

Hello.

I'm having the similar problems since I'd changed V3 3000 with new Creative GTS2. At first I couldn't run my favorit games. Then I changed my AGP setting in the BIOS,AGP size 64 to 16 MB, now it looks stable. Still cann't get rid of glitching problem though.

I hope this will help. sorry about inadequite English. English isn't my native langage.

I read somewhere that this is a known bug in the latest detonator drivers. Turning off the mouse shadow (of all things) is supposed to fix the problem until new drivers are released.

I hope that helps,

:}

Hi guys,

I have the same CL Gforce 2 card and Win2k and it so far it does not matter what Drivers I use. I did here turing off the shadow on the mouse helps but mine works great. I did try a Iwill vd133pro every thing went great but for the life of me I could not figure out why I lost over 1000 one 3dmark 2000. Put the bh6 back up over 1200. Sticking with BH6 for now...

Good old BH6

PIII700

Sblive

Network

modem,

blah blah...

I just bought a LeadTek GeForce2GTS and installed it with the Nvidia 5.22 Win2k drivers. I get the same odd little graphical glitches in 2D, especially when using MS Internet Explorer. The card is fine in 3D though. The question is, should I return the card and go back to a TNT2, or should I wait for new Nvidia reference drivers.

I suggest you send the card to me. I'll give you $50 plus my Creative GeForce SDR. 0 smile

I have a fix. Strangely enough, the problem stems from the mouse. Disabling 'shadow mouse cursor' is not enough to fix the problem. Go into the mouse control panel and set the mouse cursor theme to 'none.' This disables the 3D mouse cursor. Disabling the 3D mouse cursor worked for me.

Now my LeadTek kicks ass!

Thats a GREAT suggestion, I bid 51$ wink

-SuperG

------------------

System Specs: Kicks the crap out of yours.

I'm French, so excuse my English ;-))

I had the same problem with a Creative GeForce2 GTS under W2K. I had minor graphic corruptions when cursor change into a hand for html links for example.

It's a problem of hardware cursor acceleration

There are several issues

- Disable the first degree of Hardware acceleration, in video parameters. Performance will be nearly the same, but scrollings with bitmaps will be a bit slower

- Or disable cursor shadow & don't use user-defined cursor. Only default cursors

- But finally the best solution is : Use Nvidia Detonator 5.32beta or official 3.84 drivers

So we just have to wait official Creative 5.32 drivers, it shouldn't be long.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier guys...

You can get rid of the glitches your talking about by moving that little slider bar back one on your hardware acceleration for the video card. The only thing you'll loose is mouse functions (it tells you when you slide it back one).

Unlike 9x, you will find this bar in display properties > settings > advanced > troubleshooting.

-Andersony

[This message has been edited by Andersony (edited 10 August 2000).]