Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachid_azzi

Drivers for PCMCIA in Mandrake

My IBM Thinkpad laptop didn't recognise my magic module when inserted in the PCMCIA slot.

I think drivere are missing for my version of Mandrake (8).

I would be grateful if you can help or post me the files.

R azzi wink

Last time I checked Linux does not support mysticism. j/k Magic Module? I dont think I've ever heard of it. Got some more information on your Magic Module?

No mysticism, but if you try an internet seaarch, you would have discover that Magic Module is merely a PCMCIA device to be inserted on a digital receiver in order to decrypt several TV channels.

laugh

Bye.

I had done a quick search earlier and the first few links were nothing but message boards and people making references to 'magic modules'. Uppon doing a search for 'linux magic module' on google the very first link turned up a possible beta driver for one of these things. I'm not 100% certain though because the site is not entirely in english. However the driver is listed directly below an SDK for the magic module that states it's for linux/win. Here's the link:

http://www.magictrance.nl/english/Software.htm

Give that a shot. That's the only thing I've found with the exception of a spanish page that even seems to have hard information on this peice of hardware. It looks to be fairly non-standard or just not often used.