Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
phrodon

AGP Controller install failure

I recently installed W2K (through numerous, numerous installs and re-installs). I think I got it right... but....

I get an AGP Controller failure. In the device manager it had a ! beside it. I removed the device and re-boot. The hardware wizard says "Trying to install PCI to PCI bridge". Then it comes up with a dialog box saying the AGP controller could not be installed... Device failure. The video card does work (although I have not tried it under any games, etc).

I am using:

Abit BE6-II

ATA 66 - highpoint

Asus V3800 TNT2 video (MS drivers)

Quantumn Fireball 8bg FAT32 C:

Maxtor Pro 20gb NTFS D:

D-Link 10/100 580x

US Robitics V90.

Surprisingly the network card, the modem and the ATA 66 use the same IRQ - 11. But they all seam to work fine. I think I do not have any free IRQ's left.

Mike

The IRQ thing is ok, it's ACPI at work. The devices are all actually just held there, until one signals for attention then its given one of the other spare ones like 9 or 10, it does the job then its put back in with the others. Its supposed to be more efficient, but what if they all shout out at the same time and there's not enough IRQs? BSOD.

Download the newest drivers for the Nvidia card the Detonator drivers V5.22 from www.nvidia.com are very good.

Also look for a chipset patch for the AGP at the motherboard's website. Maybe it'll work after up[censored] the drivers.

I just noticed that Asus released drivers for the V3800. I was wondering are those better than the Nvidia drivers?