Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
synchro

VOODOO 3 and Mpegs screw up screen???

OK I know that is a bad topic, but here is the problem. I have a voodoo3 2000 and I am using the latest drivers. This is how you recreate the problem if you have a voodoo 3. Get in to Unreal Tournament play for a min or two, doesn't really matter. Exit out and open up an Mpeg file with windows media player. I thought this was just in windows 2000, but I did get it to happen in window 95c... I have three totally separte machines from 3 different people that this happens to. Anyone else experience this, or know how to fix it or what the deal is???

Thanks for your time

My System

Celeron 500

128M pc100

Voodoo 3 2000 AGP

Windows 2000 Pro

I've got the same problem. It scrambles the screen. i can still shut down because i don't need to see the screen to do that. i've yet to figure out why it does this. i've got a v3 3000 agp with the latest drivers.

stephen

what the Desktop set to ?.

try lower the color or up it.

Yea I have tried many things, and it is not on one system with only one setting it is on many with lots of different settings, so it is not color depth or resolution

<me too> :^( </me too>

So that is what was going on. Never could figure out what I did to cause it.

I have:

BP6 w/(2) 366's OC'd to 500 (92fsb)

192 mb pc100

Voodoo3 3000 agp

SBLive! value (wishing I had the Live!Drive)

Win2K Pro

If some gets a fix.. please post.

QAZ{LR}

Same problem here!

Only for me I think it seems to happen when dragging and dropping and mpeg onto windows media player. Funny thing is, this only started happening when i installed the sblive official win2k drivers..... My system: SBLive, Voodoo3 2000, dual PIII 550, 256MB Ram, Supermicro PDB6(I think).... No idea on how to fix this but it's annoying. Garbage but machine still pklays mpg and also is responsive... Anyone any ideas?

Same problem here!

Only for me I think it seems to happen when dragging and dropping and mpeg onto windows media player. Funny thing is, this only started happening when i installed the sblive official win2k drivers..... My system: SBLive, Voodoo3 2000, dual PIII 550, 256MB Ram, Supermicro PDB6(I think).... No idea on how to fix this but it's annoying. Garbage but machine still pklays mpg and also is responsive... Anyone any ideas?

Have had that same problem with my voodoo 3 2000. I think it's related to 3D Apps. The screen will be screwed up every time I try to watch full screen MPEGs after playing Unreal Tournament. 3dfx drivers for win2k may still be in development state. Haven't found a workable solution yet.

Have had that same problem with my voodoo 3 2000. I think it's related to 3D Apps. The screen will be screwed up every time I try to watch full screen MPEGs after playing Unreal Tournament. 3dfx drivers for win2k may still be in development state. Haven't found a workable solution yet.

ok, i think i have a similar prob but mine happenes only sometimes when viewing either a real media file (futurama) or .mpeg files (haven't tried to recreate error with certain file types so be happen with others aswel) and going from a window view into full screen mode.

the screen goes all garbled with loads of weird colours, i still have control becuase i can restart machine but its quite annoying.

don't know if this is the same as other peoples but its still annoying.

k6-2 500

ali V chipset

voodoo3 3000

retail 1.00 drivers

try useing the all new 3dfx beta drivers

they post here a few day's ago.