Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AdslBoy

PCMCIA MTD-0002

Everytime I insert a PC Card it detects it as a PCMCIA MTD-0002 device, no matter what PC Card I use. Cardbus controller is the Texas Instruments PCI-1211.

Anyone have this problem under Win2k, Win98 SE is fine. One thing I notice is that under Win98 there is something called Card Services under the PCMCIA adapter tab in Device Manager but under Win2k there isn't (cos I think Win2k has built in card services)

Any ideas?

Compaq Laptop 1600 series.

Hi,

I appear to be having the same problem on an XP Home Mobeus MV with the texas instruments PCMCIA. It all worked fine until a few days ago. Sorry I can't be of any help (yet) but I am interested as to whether you have solved it. I have found a couple of other threads talking about the same problem, again with no solution.

Regards

AdslBoy, while you clearly outline your problem, are you talking about two computers or the Compaq laptop alone?

If you are talking about the Compaq laptop alone, are you saying that you dual boot the machine and your hard disk is partitioned for two operating systems?

Since it is a laptop, what PC Card are you inserting other than through the PCMCIA slot?