Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
archetype

Sound Blaster Live 1024 Player

I'de been running with a bog standard SB16 for abotu two months with not a single problem. Why in hells name did i decide to upgrade(upgrade? HAH) to an SB Live then? Christ himself only knows. Is anyone able to tell me the best driver to be running with this card, not that there are that many to chose from. As of NOW, the card has been responsable for Starlancer stopping working, and the audio from the card breaks up randomly, especially when two sounds try to play at the same time (MP3 playing and a windows sound kicks in) -- its utter garbage. Please, someone help me in my task of making my computer run like a star -- as it stands, i'm binning this crappy card and putting in my old SB16 if i get no satisfaction from the live card, quickly.

Archey

I bought the SB 16 just to tide me over until the SB Live drivers are up to snuff. I am sorry, my friend, but the drivers you need exist only somewhere and sometime in the future...

:{

Go to www.creativelabs.com and then go to win2k drivers and click on sblive and download those and install them, it will work perfectly afterwards. That's what i did and my sblive 1024 card sounds soooo GOOOD!!!!!!!!!

OH damn me to god and back, why didn't i think to goto the manufacturer website, and download the drivers...

You're absolutly right, that was sarcasm. I've got the drivers from the creativelabs website, and they're dump beyond belief.

Any idea when new drivers will be making their way onto the market anyone?

Archey

I have two questions first of all, Did you download the right ones, They are a set for win95/98 and then there are a set for winNT and then there are a set for Win2k, If you have Win2k d/l the Win2k set. This may sound childish but working for a online tech support we get people doing the above stuff all the time. If you did d/l the right ones have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? That could work also. But i own the exact same sound card as you and using win2k and it sounds awesome. The sound effects are unreal. 4 speaker setup rocks

Have you completely removed the SB16 drivers?

Have you considered reinstalling Win2k?

Do you have any IRQ conflicts?

I'm using a SB Live (and indeed a SB16 - only way I could keep my Yamaha DB50XG) under Win2K at the moment, with no problems whatsoever - it might be that the DirectX 7 drivers have got confused by the change of cards. The only way to be sure is to reinstall Win 2K - which will reinstall DirectX 7 and might solve your problem. It does sound drastic, but this might be you're solution.

hmmm.... well i just wanted to point out that the liveware drivers for win2k suck horribly. i get crackling sounds in half of my games and whenever more than 1 sound is playing at the same time, but w/ liveware 3 in 9x i had none of these problems... anybody know when liveware 3 is suposed to be released for win2k? it said may on their website but they havent said anything else about it since their first news post.

its not the card though. the sb live! is a great card. the win2k drivers are **** though.

[This message has been edited by tristan777 (edited 14 May 2000).]

i think this topic is being addresed in about three different threads at the mo..but from what i gather, the present drivers are just to tie those over who have sblive cards on win2k, until liveware 3 is released...which is supposed to be any time now....

I have the same problem with the sound (2 sounds @ the same time...) and I even sometimes get the bluescreen errors described in the liveware FAQ. Creatives solution is :

rename "c:\winnt\system32\" to ctmm32.old

and Reinstall "Live!Ware for Windows 2000"

Well, I did but no matter if renamed or not I cannot reinstall the liveware driver cuz the setup just freezes my system ! aaaaah help plz .

PS : I remember there was a liveware by Dell that wasn't really good but at least worked somehow. Anyone knows where to download? Any other hint ?