Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
5t3ph3n

Detonator win2k 5.16!

Guess you need to try it to find out.

What a stupid question...

hehe

Just a quick survey.... How are the 5.16 drivers? anyone have any problems with them yet. I'm running 3.84 and am a little hesitant to get the new version.

No, TV out support is not in reference drivers. SO far I have experienced(upgraded to 5.16 from 5.14) a loss of opengl and McM2 beta(which used to run alright) now freezes.

Came to my pc in the morning and had to reset it as there was nothing but a blank screen. AVI playback is still quite flaky and will lock up my machine whenever the hell it wants. Oh yeah and Unreal Tournament is CHOPPY and SLOW as Sh*t right now. Still haven't tried figuring that one out.

Thank god this DDR was free and will be replaced by my V5 when it arrives.

[This message has been edited by Seldzar (edited 11 May 2000).]

Man, I just don't understand any of you people's setup. I've never received slow downs, blank screens, reboots, or lock-ups from going back and forth between the 5.xx drivers. Are you guys using Intel chipsets?

Forgot my specs:

733 Coppermine

ASUS P3B-F

256 PC133

GeForce DDR (currently w/5.16)

SBLive! (w/latest Liveware Win2k)

Most people wont have problem if they have uniprocessor machine..

I think Nvidia Driver just isn't synchronizing the data it receive from each CPU properly.

SMP here. I've never had any driver revision (including 5.16) for my geforce card -not- work.

smile

Hi,

Just a quick reply to the person claiming that the 5.16 or 5.14 drivers do not support TV-OUT. I havent tried 5.16 out yet, but with the 5.14 drivers the TV-OUT works great. You just have to connect your TV before turning on your computer. In other words, the TV-OUT will be "greyed out" until you plug your tv in.

Andy

im having trouble with all the 5.XX drivers, (including the 5.16) they give me black screens at reboot. only drivers that work are the 3.78 and 3.84 drivers.

my specs:

PII 350 (still waiting for my 733 CuMine)

Tyan Trinity 400 mobo (VIA 133A chipset)

256Meg PC133 SDRAM

Geforce DDR

Live! platinum (liveware 2k installed)

Flitzman, you should check out what pr-man has to say on this link: http://www.ntcompatible.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002595.html

Seeing as you ae running a kx133 VIA chipset, that updated VIAAGP file may well be the solution to your problems!

Take care, and report back!

------------------

Asus K7V - Athlon 750 (not o/c'd), CL TNT2U, SBLive.

Works like a charm!!

i installed the 5.16 drivers just now and its looking good so far smile no more black screen at bootup.

now i can go benchmark quake a bit smile

thx for the tip Fozz!!

great work Fozz!

It's the non-Intel chipset people that have these strange hang-ups and blank screens. Sounds like if you just get the newer viaagp.sys it should solve you VIA people's problems.

Strange ...

They worked for me for two days ... then I get black screen in D3D ... but the apps seem to run "fine" behind it.

Have to blind ctrl-alt-del and re-log to recover.

It just stopped working with UT without apparent reason. No new installs or tweaks in the meantime. Dxdiag does the tests OK thu. I'm puzzled.

OpenGl runs OK and fast.

I wonder why it screwed itself in D3D frown

I installed the 5.16's and they work fine, but i have a question qabout the tv out... The cable is connected and it works fine... The thing is I only see the picture on the TV (which is in another room) and not on the computer monitor...This seems wierd to me cause with my voodoo2 it was possible, so I am not sure if it the drivers fault, the monitors fault or that's just the way things are...

Thanx

Summoner

------------------

If it doesn't work, PLUG IT IN!

Hmm, tv-out has worked fine for me in 5.14 and previous versions I believe, except for one problem. I need to reboot to enable it, and reboot to disable it. What a hassle, hardly worth it. I dont suppose this has been fixed in 5.16? smile I hope they do something about it by the time the final drivers are out.

ledzeppel!!!

I have the same setup as you do, I have all scsi, don't know if you do. But dude you are right with this setup I have no problems with lastest drivers. My system runs great, as far as everyone else it's just a matter of matching hardware. W2K runs great now that there is better driver support.

My Specs:

Dual PIII 733 Coppermine

SuperMicro PIIIDME Motherboard

256 Megs PC/133

Adaptec 64 bit pci Ultra 160 Controller

1 Seagate 18 gig Ultra 160 Hd

3 Seagate 18 gig U2W Hd

Plextor Ultrawide 40x cdrom

Plextor 12/4/32 Burner

Sony Scsi 10x DVD

CL Geforce DDR

CL Sb Live Plat.

Compaq 10/100 NIC Card

CL 5.1 Digital Speakers - The best there are.

[This message has been edited by Ronin (edited 13 May 2000).]

How about these new drivers and refresh rate in open gl games? Is there need to modify inf-file before installation to get at least 85hz refresh rate in games?

That's one hell of a rig you have their Ronin. How's Quake 3 on that bad boy with smp. I get 65 frames/sec with every setting MAXED@1024x768 with the new 5.16 drivers.

Yes, I too wonder about SMP performance in geforce drivers. please tell us about it, Ronin!

My specs:

Dual P3 500 katmai (no cats though)

asus P2B-DS

256 MB/pc100

matrox g400

I wanto buy the geforce2 rather than a voodoo5 because in past nvidia has given excellent openGL and SMP support for the NT platform. My current G400 have very poor opengl and no smp support from Matrox frown

SMP when working right...hehe

With the Cg_drawfps 1 feature turned on at 1024x768 the fps meter sits at around 100-110 fps. I don't know if that is accurate but I have not run and benchmarks to see what the actual FPS are. Plus Q3 lockups from time to time with SMP on so I just leave it off.

Goa,

You said you ran witthout problem on SMP machine. May I ask you did you actually enable the SMP features in Quake 3 Arena?

All it does is cause my computer to freezes up.......just like all the other drivers above 3.81