Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuy

Regarding Drivers For Asus P4R800-VM

Can anyone tell me when i try to install the Cd that came with my buddies computers motherboard, It does not detect any of the drivers. It needs a network adapter, VGA, and a multimedia for sound i have looked all over the web, If anyone can give me some advice. He has a asus motherboard but when drivers are installed it seems like they don't work. Is there any free site were it can help me. What's the best way to format windows xp pro, to get a clean install.

When performing an install of Windows XP with an installation disc that didn't come with the entire system, the most common driver issues are the ones you are speaking of: network adapter, VGA, and sound. I suggest going to the retailer's (of the motherboard), download the specific drivers, and install them manually. I'm making the assumption that they are all integrated, as that's what it looks like.

As for formatting and then a clean install, the installation disc is the easiest way to do this. When your system first boots up and you see your keyboard flash, hit F12 a couple of times until you hear a beep. This will bring you to the system boot menu, where you will select booting to the CD drive. Make sure you watch the screen, because it will most likely tell you to "Press any key" to boot using the CD; otherwise it will just continue on as normal. Follow the instructions on the screen and delete the partition with the OS installed on it. Use NTFS as the format options, performing a long format.

You will still run into the same driver problems you are having with a clean format.

NOTE: Formatting will erase all data on your HDD, which won't be recoverable. I'm sure you already know this, but I just have to make mention of this to ensure that I'm not responsible for any lost data.