Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DavidPowell94

BAD_POOL_CALLER

So this has been happening for about... 2 months now. Im more of a laid back guy and thats really why I havent done much about it. I play this game called "Combat Arms" every now and then for fun.

This game only allows me to play with my USB internet rather than my Ethernet because of high latency(first strange problem - thought Ethernet is faster then USB).

So I Use my USB and sometimes it cuts out while playing. 2 minutes elapse and it says my USB is not recognized (only my USB Modem connection glitches)

After the next 5 minutes this evil blue screen pops up and says that I have a "BAD_POOL_CALLER" and that its collecting data for crash dump.

Heres me details. I'll try get everything in one bundle.

Internet :

BigPond ADSL Liberty* (25GB) 20000/1000 Up to 20000/1000kbps 25GB*, then slowed N/a $109.95 monthly

Computer :

Specs: ASUS M51Sseries

CPU: Duo T9300

Memory: 2GB

Gaphics: Nvidia GeForce 9500m GS

I know theres another post in this same forum, but I am 14 years old, and dont exactly understand or know how to perform most of those procedures. I've gone with my Dad to Telsta to see what our ISP has to say. But they have no clue, they blamed the game.

What I've noticed is that the USB modem starts to glitch more and more after each disconnect. I'm sure its damaged my computer, which is why - if this fails I will go to a computer spe[censored]t and see what happens there. But any input would be great!

I'm also thinking that it glitches more and more when I use up more internet usage.

When you get the blue screen of death (BSOD), what are the hexidecimal values (e.g., 0x0000001a). There will be one initial value, followed by four more parameters in parenthases. This will help us determine more specifically what is wrong.

As from what I've read, the BAD_POOL_CALLER 2c, 00000007 errors are pretty trickey to troubleshoot. Does your event viewer show anything with more detail?

When you are playing this game while using the ethernet port, do you experience this problem? I know that you said there is a latency issue, but this will help narrow down the choices.

I'd suggest working on the drivers for the modem and USB ports. If that doesn't work, then all that's really left is horrid debugging.

Great, tricky... just what I need :P. Um with my Ethernet I dont lag or anything, because it doesnt let me join any servers for the game, simply says I have too high latency.

Also the solution box only had what I posted and where the troubles have persisted, would you like me to screenshot?

It couldn't hurt to take a look. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers I mentioned. Worst case scenario, you still have these problem, but we can at least say we tried it.

Go to the modem's manufacturer's website and then the support section. There should be a link in there for downloading drivers. Then search for your model of modem, download and install it.

If the file you download doesn't automatically install, you go manually do so by right-clicking My Computer and selecting Properties. Go to the hardware tab and click Device Manager. Look through the categories for the modem and double-click it. There, you'll be able to manually install the driver.

Even if they say they are up to date, force a manual install because you might have corrupt drivers. I doubt the ISP tech. support will be of any service (they only frustrate me), but if you've run out of options, it might be worth a shot.

You don't want to the system scan the Internet for updates because you will always receive the same message. Try downloading the drivers from the manufacturer's website for the specific model. Then you will be able to force the install by selecting the location Windows will look for updates.