Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

driver installs but gives error saying that files were not f

ok, i got a new geforce, i took out my old one becasue the fan broke, i replaced it with a new one. and when i did that, it setup the drivers for it (5.13). i had just downloaded the drivers and put them in a folder. when it was installing them, it appeared to copy them over, but gave me an error saying that files were not found! i dont under stand! it worked for my old card, winfast geforce ddr, and my new one is a guellmot ddr dvi.

what is going on here! has this happened to anyone else? with any other drivers besides from just video cards?

even stranger, the card actualy works now but has a ! after it. i was able to run quake 3 but when i restart the computer, ther card is gone, and needs reinstalled. and in system properties thingy, it says that there is no information for my card.

And holy crap! i unpluged my intellimouse explorer from my usbport, put it back in, it setup and asked for a file, i clicked on that file. but then it sayd that file not found for it!

ahahha what is going on!

[This message has been edited by Arin (edited 15 April 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Arin (edited 15 April 2000).]

I belive I answered this in your previous post.. This appears to be a bug with Win2k to me..

------------------

-Da_G

yeah, but not really, it still is not fixed. And i really cant do a clean install. there has to be a fix somewhere.

I have absolutely NO idea why you are having problems like that. I have the exact same card you have. DDR Prophet.

I've never had problems installing, uninstalling any of the drivers.

What the heck is your procedure?

i have found that it is not the card. it is everything. now, every item i try to install will give that exact error. such as my mouse. i unpluged it and put it back in to the usb port and now it is fuxored when i start up the computer and after trying to install it. i am installing the same way i always did, that always worked, except for now.

Man... That is exactly whats happening to me now. Seems like all is going well, then at the last window, it says an Error has occured.

All this just started happening...I had tried to install the leaked 5.14 drivers and got that error, and now when I reinstall the 5.13's I get that error...

Anyone else?

Johnny

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Yeah I just survived the **** of this. It took me three days to get win2k installed again but here it is. It all started when I tried to update the 5.13's over themselves, but afterwards not only could I not upgrade my video drivers at all, but no other drivers either!!!

Edit: Anyone know if this starts to happen when you uninstall the Nvidia drivers through Add-Remove programs?

[This message has been edited by Jerry - (edited 15 April 2000).]