Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
A-guy

Which cd r/w to get?

Hey I got about 200 bucks to spend and want to buy a cd r/w. Im gunna get it from pricewatch cuz prices are so low but I want to make sure that the brand I get is good. Not some p.o.s that im stuck with that doesnt work so good. Any ideas?

Go forth and purchase ye self a Yamaha smile

Seriously, I have a 4x/4x/16x Internal SCSI Yamaha CD-RW and it's excellent.

Had no problems with it, 2MB buffer etc etc.

You didn't mention if you were looking for IDE or SCSI, but both types are good.

Buy a Plextor 8432A IDE Writer!

Writes CD-Rs 8x, CD-RW 4x, reads 32x.

Works very well under Win2000 and has all

features you need!

You can get that same Acer with 8MB buffer, etc for $289 at A-Power computers here in Vancouver. Problems is, they are out of stock frown

Jason A.

------------------

I write code.

Man, for $300 back in January u could have got a DVD-R kit from Creative! 4.7 GB capacity...i guess that could be cheaper by now...look into it!

First of all, Greetings. smile This is my first post here. I hail from Ars. (I'm not defecting. Just expanding my horizons. :))

Anyhoo, if you were to head to Ars, you would see, affirmed repeatedly, what I am about to tell you:

PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR,

PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR,

PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, PLEXTOR, !!!!!!!!

'Twill cost you a wee bit more than $200, but I assure you, you won't regret it.

I recommend http://www.mwave.com . $207 OEM, $221 retail. Shipping is excellent from them.

Giddy-up!

cool

[This message has been edited by HipsterDoofus (edited 11 April 2000).]