Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

People who are having the Black screen/4 meg apeture problem

If you are having this problem please list your motherboard model revision and bios please.

I have a FIC PA-2013 rev 2.1 with the 115JI38 bios and running a Matrox G400 32 meg with latest win2k drivers. I get a black screen at startup unless I set apeture in bios to 4 megs.

I had the EXACT same problem with my TNT2 AGP card. I also couldn't use Win2K's PnP - had to use the board's PnP to assign the resourses. The folloing is a qoute from my reply to another message:

'I had a really bad time getting the AGP to work stable on my FIC 2013 board. Every driver base for NVidia over 3.66 enabled the AGP in directx. when I installed those drivers my Win2K would just boot to a black-screen. I switched out my board (without reinstalling, I might add :)) to a DFI K6XV3 +/66 which has the same chipset (VIA MVP3) just with UDMA66 enabled and everything worked absolutely fine - even was able to turn on Win2k's PnP manager again.'

Sorry I don't have better news for you, but I had to abandon FIC2013 and 503+ as my K6 motherboards of choice and move on to DFI which has run flawlessly for me in every system and every configuration.

I have a FIC va503+ v 1.1b bios JK4324, and had the blank screen problem for ages, then I figured it out. Now it works perfectly in ACPI mode with the few simple rules:

PCI slot 1 must not be used.

Com ports don't work in ACPI.

AGP just doen't work.

Before, only up to 3.66 on my TNT worked, I have a Hauppauge WinTV in PCI Slot 1, and it worked until i switched to the 5.13 drivers, now the TNT is fully operational (AGP system is mobo side) the TNT uses the interupt exclusively, so if I try to use the TV card the system hangs instantly, bearing in mind that PCI1 and AGP port are IRQ- hardwired. I don't care about this, or the Com ports as I knackered them by installing a different PCB version Bios (1.2), and have skipped the bios error by setting "halt on no errors", but they still work in win9x regardless. The bios says "i/o conflict xxx xxx xxx" it can't be fixed apparently smile

Stb Velocity 4400 AGP 16Mb

FIC va503+ v 1.1b bios JK4324 w/ current limiter disabled

450 AHX K6-2

Wintv

realtek 8029

SB PCI64

Isa int modem (com 2)

Overall if you follow these rules the system will work most of the time! I tried it again by completely re-installing after a Partition overlap error, caused a drive overhaul, and I even got the MS drivers to work first time, amazing.

And its been faultless since (unless I want to use my MU100r serial midi link or watch tv), and I hope you've all downloaded Beos V5. It loads in 20 seconds and everything works, as soon as opengl and the new networking is shortly released it will be the future OS of choice. Its a Mac with out the Mac!

I had this problem... Matrox states that you need to uninstall the drivers, make sure USB is enabled in the bios, install usb driver (automatically), reboot, then install matrox drivers again...

let me know if this helps

Windows 2K loads in 30 seconds for me too... and it has ogl and networking...

gots'ta love hibernate!

Quote:
Originally posted by euankirkhope:

I have a FIC va503+ v 1.1b bios JK4324, and had the blank screen problem for ages, then I figured it out. Now it works perfectly in ACPI mode with the few simple rules:

PCI slot 1 must not be used.

Com ports don't work in ACPI.

AGP just doen't work.

Before, only up to 3.66 on my TNT worked, I have a Hauppauge WinTV in PCI Slot 1, and it worked until i switched to the 5.13 drivers, now the TNT is fully operational (AGP system is mobo side) the TNT uses the interupt exclusively, so if I try to use the TV card the system hangs instantly, bearing in mind that PCI1 and AGP port are IRQ- hardwired. I don't care about this, or the Com ports as I knackered them by installing a different PCB version Bios (1.2), and have skipped the bios error by setting "halt on no errors", but they still work in win9x regardless. The bios says "i/o conflict xxx xxx xxx" it can't be fixed apparently smile

Stb Velocity 4400 AGP 16Mb

FIC va503+ v 1.1b bios JK4324 w/ current limiter disabled

450 AHX K6-2

Wintv

realtek 8029

SB PCI64

Isa int modem (com 2)

Overall if you follow these rules the system will work most of the time! I tried it again by completely re-installing after a Partition overlap error, caused a drive overhaul, and I even got the MS drivers to work first time, amazing.

And its been faultless since (unless I want to use my MU100r serial midi link or watch tv), and I hope you've all downloaded Beos V5. It loads in 20 seconds and everything works, as soon as opengl and the new networking is shortly released it will be the future OS of choice. Its a Mac with out the Mac!