Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jabba

New Banshee Drivers = crap

Followed the readme instructions step for step. Setup copies files, screen flashes, and then error pops up "an error occured during the installation of the device. The system cannot find the file specified". After reboot the device is disabled and "no drivers are installed". I've installed plenty of driver updates in my lifetime and never have I come across this.

I was previously using the 3dfx NT4 drivers, that could be part of the problem, but I did a thourough file cleanup to be sure. Anyone else have these problems?

also, a quote from the readme.txt:

8) When asked to choose a device, select "Voodoo Series Driver" Click "Next".

The two selectable driver names from the .inf are:

3dfx Interactive. Voodoo Banshee

3dfx Interactive. Voodoo 3

There's no mention of "Voodoo Series Driver".

i just used the hacked NT4 drivers myself, never tried to use newer ones, i put my voodoo3 back in my puter so i didn't have to worry about it

I installed them last night after a fresh install ( because I have been swapping in and out drivers, copying around my openGL32.dll and loading 'hacked' drivers for a while now ) went into safemode and Updated Driver . . .Rebooted . . . .worked great . . . went into Q3 and I am getting OK speed . .640x480@45fps using the default settings. . . I did not get a Banchee Propetries tab though . .then I went to sleep . . will test more tonight.

System #2 is:

AbitBE6 Celeron 433 OC @ 541

128meg RAM

Creative Banchee

SB128

WD 8gig HDD

3com 905c NIC

Yup clean install fixed it. you're right, no control panel frown Haven't tried any games yet, no time.