Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jeff

Help with 5.13 and Opengl

Since I installed the 5.13 drivers, my opengl doesn't run anymore and if I revert back to older drivers, it doesn't change anything. I'd like to avoid a clean install so does anybody has any idea on any way I could get my opengl back.

PS : D3D runs flawlessly

A-Trend Dual PIII 450

512MB

U2LVD 2x9Go

UDMA33 9Go

Xentor 32

Jeff

I am having the same problem... HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by jeff:

Since I installed the 5.13 drivers, my opengl doesn't run anymore and if I revert back to older drivers, it doesn't change anything. I'd like to avoid a clean install so does anybody has any idea on any way I could get my opengl back.

PS : D3D runs flawlessly

A-Trend Dual PIII 450

512MB

U2LVD 2x9Go

UDMA33 9Go

Xentor 32

Jeff

hi,

I had the same problem but managed to fix it. Remove all your current drivers and make sure the files are removed from the system32 directory (nv*.dll, etc. but not nv4.dll). Also, search the oem*.inf files in the inf directory and remove the nvidia ones. then reboot.

now reinstall the nvidia drivers you want to use and opengl should be working. I don't know if all of those steps are neccesary, but it fixed mine.

hope this helps,

statto79

(sorry for the mistake posting above)

[This message has been edited by statto79 (edited 04 April 2000).]

Now I don't know if this will fix it, but I have the Viper V770 and after I installed 5.13 my OpenGL ran, but it ran REALLY slow. The old OpenGL drivers didn't work, but finally I fixed it with the tweak utility.

Just go into Display Properties >> Setting >> Advanced >> RIVA TNT2 (on mine) >> Additional Properties ... >> OpenGL Settings and change Vertical sync: to 'Off by default' and presto! my OpenGL ran just as fast as ever smile

that seamed to work for ogl, but now no d3d... oh well, i used nt before... so i'm used to it ;-)

all my favorite games use ogl anyway

Quote:
Originally posted by statto79:

hi,

I had the same problem but managed to fix it. Remove all your current drivers and make sure the files are removed from the system32 directory (nv*.dll, etc. but not nv4.dll). Also, search the oem*.inf files in the inf directory and remove the nvidia ones. then reboot.

now reinstall the nvidia drivers you want to use and opengl should be working. I don't know if all of those steps are neccesary, but it fixed mine.

hope this helps,

statto79

(sorry for the mistake posting above)

[This message has been edited by statto79 (edited 04 April 2000).]