Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ronin

MP3 Ripping

What program(s) work under W2K for making MP3's

Thanks,

audiocatalyst 2.1 (which is Audiograbber 2.0 + Xing mp3 encoder 1.5) works fine for me.

-->install first latest ASPI (4.60)

Easy CD-DA Extractor 3.5.0 build 1535 works

fine for me. It makes a good quality sound

but it a bit slow. It also can rip wavs and convert to mp3 on the fly if you want.

I use Plextools 1.04 for ripping wavs high speed but that only works with plextor drives - i have never had any errors with this program. If i was not using Plextools for ripping the wavs i would use easy cd-da

extractor because it does not refuse to copy some protected audio cds like adaptec easy cd creator.

The newest Audiograbber is 1.62 and it can rip with out an ASPI layer in W2k. I use it with LAME encoder and it is better then AudioCatalyst 2.1.

www.audiograbber.com

HyCD is the best I used. IT even support VBR on the trial version, so that you can ripp all your CDs within a 30day "production period" wink

Musicmatch Jukebox 5.x

It rips at high speed and good quality...depending on ur CDROM...

I downloaded Audiocatalyst 2.1 and works great. I have Musicmatch Jukebox 5.x that came with my SB Live card but for some reason it won't work right.

Thanks,

You can get Audiocatalyst 2.1 from:

http://kickme.to/audiograbber/

I use AudioCalalyst 2.0 (full) and it works great, however, if i try to rip with my 5x dvd drive, it ALWAYS rips at 13x+ and i get about 900 speed problems, i ususally use my burner to rip, it rips at 8x and i get no speed problems, anyone else have this problem?

AudioCatalyst 2.1 is audiograbber plus the xing MP3 encoder. The best thing about xing is variable bitrate encodeing. variable bit rate varies the bit rate between 96 and 224, depending on your settings, to maintain high quality but a smaller file size.