Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slkh

5.13 Nvidia Driver mistaken pink as black

I gotta agree this is the most stable driver that I have got from Nvidia until now.

But there is a small problem when I end a OpenGL or D3D games. When I return to desktop, any part of the wallpaper that suppose to be black appear to be PINK colour !!! The whole screen looks terrible.

Sometimes it happens the other way round, the desktop colour is correct but when I get into the game, anything that is black appear to be pink colour.

This happens to me about 8 times for the past 2 hours. And seems to have not reoccur again for the past half an hour.

Anyone have this problem?

I've been testing the Asus K7V-RM for one month, and so far, all the current official and leaked drivers are garbage! The only way I was able to play games such a quake3, without lockups, is to modify the files in the system32 flolder. This consisted of changing the NV4_mini.sys files within the various driver sets. Anyway, regardless of the driver set or what you hear here, there WILL be a performance DECREASE compared to Win98SE. This confirmation comes from my extensive testing and also confirmed from MaximumPC.

Good Luck!

dieu

http://www.k7m.com

smile

[This message has been edited by dieu (edited 28 March 2000).]