Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Galilee

EAX not working correct

I use the liveware2000 beta and can't get EAX to work

In UT the sound is really distorted when I use EAX and in Half-Life the game wont recognice the EAX stuff.

Any ideas?

Same stuff with me.

UT sound is all distorted

running liveware 2000

havent seen any help topics about it (except mine) and no real answers yet

------------------

BoDEAN

http://www.sammyhagar.net

OK go to your run menu and type in DXDIAG.

Go to the sound tab and look for a slider at the bottom. Should say something like preformence of some ****. Anyways slide it all the way to the right. Worked for me...\

-TLD

THANK YOU!!

It worked!

I installed the 70 meg Live ware 2000 and Thief had sound, but no EAX, even though it showed hardware accelleration in there, so following your advice I changed that slider over and Wham! It worked!!

I tried the slider all the way on and EAX began working. However, sound mixing and sounds in general became very distorted, passing errors and beeps through the sound channel (like was mentioned above). No changes in UT (low sound, disable 3d sound) made any difference. The sound was munged badly if hardware acceleration was on 100%. My system is SMP. Is that the problem? Or is it just the beta nature of the drivers?

:}

Same problems here - dual PIII w/ 256 RAM running pro - sblive becomes very inconsistent in UT - sound drops etc. Does it maybe have anything to do with the amount of voices? Or the amount of simultaneous waves which can be played? Also does anyone know of a good UT sound player, I like the songs....

Cheers,

Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by foxman98:
Same problems here - dual PIII w/ 256 RAM running pro - sblive becomes very inconsistent in UT - sound drops etc. Does it maybe have anything to do with the amount of voices? Or the amount of simultaneous waves which can be played? Also does anyone know of a good UT sound player, I like the songs....
Cheers,
Steve

Try turning the wav output down a few notches. I know it sucks but it sounds like overload. I had the problem here with Thief and EAX and turning the wave gain down in the volume control panel helped.

I tried the bringing the mixer volumes down and it did squat. The only solution is to bring your acceration from full accleration to standard(1 notch down from full)in dxdiag/sound

Lets hope creative fixes this issue, but as drschmoe put it, liveware4 is jsut around the corner.

------------------

§E£DZÅR

http://www.win2knews.com

download liveware from creatives site they must have fixed the drivers since the leaked one because i don't get any of those problems any more!

Liveware 2k sucks ASS on SMP systems just as much as the beta and hacked drivers before it.

I installed liveware 2k on a perfectly clean, untouched win2k(been waiting for 'offical' drivers) and i get the same results from previous wek installations with the hacked drivers.

HL, UT, Rally2k, etc. all have sound distortions and delays when eax is enabled. rally2k even has sound distortions when 3dsound is disabled.

also,

my multimedia video skips now!! I had this problem before on previous installed but never knew it was the sound drivers fault! I always thought it was the multitude of nvidia drivers i went through.

So you smp users beware.. the only good thing that comes from this is quad speaker support. but you lose a lot more in my opinion.

mr_yellow

try deleting your windows folder and then install dos and then install win2k over that....i heard a guy say that that works for everything...lol