Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jabba

More Liveware Problems....

Anyone tried using the internal Liveware MIDI synth? Open up keyboard from your Creative Launcher and tell me what happens? If you're computer's like mine, the banks are all empty... Jeez... all this time waiting for official creative drivers and this is what I get?

When I go to Control Panel->Sounds and Multimedia->Legacy Audio Driver Properties->Properties Tab->Midi for Creative S/W Synth

I get an error saying that the SB Live Driver could not be loaded.

[This message has been edited by Jabba (edited 23 March 2000).]

It works fine for me. Try uninstalling the drivers and removing all the left over registry entries. Then reinstall.

I did have the hacked liveware 3 drivers installed long ago, but didn't expect they'd still be causing trouble.

Okay, I uninstalled the drivers then I used the cleanup batch file that was posted a while back to delete all the driver files manually. Then I searched through the registry (searching for the string "Live") and deleted everything I thought had a connection to SBLive (Some stuff I wasn't sure about and left alone to be safe). Rebooted, then I reinstalled Microsoft's Basic WDM drivers. Following that I ran the setup.exe. After the final reboot... same thing, no MIDI.

I'll do anything to avoid reinstalling win2k smile I have everything working how I like it except this and don't have time!!

P.S I have a synthesizer keyboard, and the MIDI UART port works fine... it's just the internal software synth.

[This message has been edited by Jabba (edited 23 March 2000).]

JABBA! Can I please get that cleanupp utility from you? Or can you tell me where to get it? I am having troubles installing liveware-I get the endless reboot crap. Pleasssse tell me where I can get it or email me.- RFlair7000@aol.com

Well, I wish I could be of more help, but in order for me to better diagnose what happens, I would have to install the hacked LW3, and monitor what gets messed up.

In the event I couldn't determine the problem, I would be in your situation wink

Which gives me a quick idea. Did you reenable "map through this device?" My guess is that older settings may still persist. It depends largely if 2K considers LW2k the same device as LW3. If you haven't already done so, I would follow the instructions for hacked LW 3, but run through them in reverse. You might have missed something when you were house cleaning.

After I got the retail packaging, I blew away the old OS and made it a policy not to install any beta drivers. For this reason, I bypassed the leaked creative drivers (I used them before the reinstall), and the beta Rage 128 drivers.

I would highly recommend adopting a similar policy. Part of the reason we are using Win2K is for its stability, and "pushing the envelope" with beta drivers can pretty much make moot any advantage gained from Win2k. I am sure some people disagree with me, but I come from a "mission-critical" background, so that mindset is also reflected on how I treat my home computer.

Send me whatever your sending mr. sneis too.. My problems are the same as his.. plz thanks.

Check your email KAOS. Liveware works perfect for me and I installed all different ones. Now I am using the official ones off their site.

In deleting my registry entries (during my "housecleaning" as it was put), I must have deleted something wrong because now under the legacy driver properties there are no devices listed. I tried reinstalling Live drivers etc, but the registry entries for the legacy audio drivers weren't replaced. I can't uninstall or reinstall the legacy audio drivers... there's no such option. Is there any way to restore the missing registry entries? I'm confident that if I did, this would solve my problems.

Thx for the cleanup utility, but IT DIDNT HELP!!! Arrg the frustration ensues. Now that we got past the "liveware sucks" stage, we move to the " I can fix it myself" stage. Lets not be sheep and delete things like I did, ending in lunacy. Someone with patience, please talk to creative, I know their support sucks, but they made the damn card. Ive waited 2 months for my 4 speaker support, and all i get is this crap! I want some damn good drivers, and no more of this faulty liveware crap!