Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MR

Pinnacle PCTV in Win2K?

The Pinnacle website states that the PCTV (PCI TV tuner/capture card) is not designed to run in NT or Win2K. Has anyone had any luck getting this card to work in Win2K?

I'd rather not dual boot for this. My Windows ME drive is set up exclusively for MIDI/sound recording.

Thanks,

MR

Hi

You should take a look at the pinnacle site in the discussion forum smile it's really great.

I now have studio pctv 4.0 and it works great under w2k. everything works, stereo tv, radio, teletekst.. smile

Miro PCTV PRO

GOodLUck

I just saw the update here at NTcompatible. Looks awesome - I'm downloading now.

Now if I could only get some of my MIDI programs working in Win2K, I could recover that 400mb that ME is wasting.

Thanks,

MR

How do did you install the new 4.0 drivers? When i install them and reboot w2k just detects a "new" device and installs the old drivers again and the software just plain doesn't work because of the driver conflicts i guess. so how do i get rid of the old drivers and make w2k accept the new ones?

I just installed the new drivers at once,

without any problems with the old drivers...

I got them to install - when it asks you to insert your PCTV CD, click OK, choose the directory where the 4.0 drivers unzipped & install the Win2K drivers.

I still can't get the damn thing to work - nothing but snow on every channel. Selecting the 'Configuration' option causes a freeze & reboot.

I'll have to keep playing with it to figure it out.

MR

I just the pctv rave card, and for the first time ever that I have bought something to work in W2k I didn't check the compatability smirk

The bladdy thing keeps freezing my pc up.

Got the 4.0's dling overnight see if that helps.

Gah!

When I checked my cd it had the 4.02 drivers on already.

So I guess its for the bin, coz I aint gonna install W98 again just to use the bladdy thing.