Compatible Support Forums
skn82

Netmeeting issues on WinXP

Hello Experts,

Basically, I am trying to connect my computer to my brother's in another country through netmeeting. I am using a wireless router and he is using a wireless router as well. We both have Windows XP installed.

Both of us have ip's starting with 192.168.xxx.xxx, We are not able to recieve each others call, when we try & place a call.

I'm able to connect to another wireless laptop in my house just by calling with the ip address 192.168.xxx.xxx.

How do I connect to my brother's computer through netmeeting? What ip shall I use to connect to his computer?

Any help?

Thanks in advance

skn

The 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 range is an internal private IP address range that is not routable on the Internet.

Visit http://whatismyip.com/ to determine your real IP address

A lot of routers don't work with Netmeeting.

I had two linksys router that simply don't work no matter how I set them up:

WRT54GC v2

BEFW11S4 v4 (firmware 1.50.10)

I just bought a D-Link DI-624 router and now I can have in/outbound netmeeting calls without any problem. BTW I placed my netmeeting machine on the DMZ with each of the 3 routers I mentioned above.

You may want to test first by bypassing the router and connecting directly to the internet (and tell your brother to do the same thing) to see if this is the root cause.