Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

Scratchey glitchy sound.

With my monster mx300 as i have posted before, i have been recieving bad sound quality in windows 2000. a3d dosent work correctly eigher. when i start the comptuer, the start up sound is glitchy sounding. and when i start up icq, the truck horn sound glitches the whole way thur, this also happens in winamp. in quake 3 when a3d is on it dosent play my players sounds. i have the a3d 3.12 drivers and i believe i have the newest stuff from that space port web page. has anyone else had this problem or been able to find a fix to it?

------------------

Amd k7 500 w/ 3dnow and mmx. :: 192 mb sd100 ram.

Biostar m7mka mobo. :: 32x toshieba cd rom. :: 2x write 4x read phillips cdr w/ adaptec scsi. :: Winfast nvidia geforce 256 ddr 32mb w/ tv out. :: Diamond monster mx 300 Sound. :: Standard Floppy. :: 5 speakers including a subwoofer. :: Us robotics external 56k modem x2 v.90. :: Intellimouse explorer. ::

Standard gateway keyboard. :: 17 inch gateway ev700 monitor. :: Epson stylus color 600 printer. :: Info scaner. :: D-link 10/100 mbit ethernet lan card. dfe-530tx+ w/ wol. :: Windows 2000 Professional.

It is not so much your OS but your motherboard/cpu. I have heard from several people that the Vortex2 chipset does not like the Athlon CPU. I have an Athlon running on an Epox 7KXA mobo and i used to have the SQ2500. When I had this set up my sound was very much like you discribed. It would also get so bad it would shut itself down and I would have to restart the comp to get my sound back. I now have a SB Live! Platinum and It works perfectly. The sound is once again crystal clear like it was under 98. The drivers for the aureal based cards are extremely poor right now.

That could be a possablility, but i first experienced a3d flawlessly under my new mobo with my amd k7 before going to windows 2000 where it became scratchy. This is making me believe it is somthing totaly messed up with the drivers.

------------------

Amd k7 500 w/ 3dnow and mmx. :: 192 mb sd100 ram.

Biostar m7mka mobo. :: 32x toshieba cd rom. :: 2x write 4x read phillips cdr w/ adaptec scsi. :: Winfast nvidia geforce 256 ddr 32mb w/ tv out. :: Diamond monster mx 300 Sound. :: Standard Floppy. :: 5 speakers including a subwoofer. :: Us robotics external 56k modem x2 v.90. :: Intellimouse explorer. ::

Standard gateway keyboard. :: 17 inch gateway ev700 monitor. :: Epson stylus color 600 printer. :: Info scaner. :: D-link 10/100 mbit ethernet lan card. dfe-530tx+ w/ wol. :: Windows 2000 Professional.

I get bad noise when i move the mouse! use menus, scrolling etc, try lowering the sound acceleration to normal, and disabling full window drag and fading menus...

I have the same problem with the mx300 and win2k. The real problem (I think) is lack of drivers by Diamond. Those lazy bastards newest driver is from Feb 1999!!

But it's annoying, yes. We were better of with our old Sound Blaster cards - at least they didnt scratch wink

I also get uncomfortable sound under Windows 2000 when using my Crystal CS4235 ISA sound card. I have an Athlon 600 sitting on a MSI K7Pro mobo. My guess is incompatibility with the mobo but beats me, really!

goto into the Device Manager, click on Computer, then goto the properites of Standard PC and turn off the IRQ steering and reboot, i'll help ya for sure