Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BadAss

Ditched Win2k

Well, I've come to the conclusion that Windows 2000 just isn't worth a damn. At least not if your primary concern is playing games or developing audio. There are just too many performance drawbacks. The only purpose win2k serves in my opinion is (shoddy) openGL development, business word processing, and server use/applications. Pretty sad for an OS that costs $250, and more for Server.

Hey what do you know... that's what it's for.

Windows 2000 was never meant to be a gaming platform, it's a replacement for Windows NT and is designed for a business application.

Used for what it's intended purpose is, I think you would find it a suitable upgrade.

Wait for Windows ME.

------------------

That is strange, i have found that games and everythign runs better in windows 2000, especialy because the ram is flushed every time you exit a program unlike 9x where it keeps it in the mem. I have had some problems, but i have found that it was wort it over those problems...

------------------

Amd k7 500 w/ 3dnow and mmx. :: 192 mb sd100 ram.

Biostar m7mka mobo. :: 32x toshieba cd rom. :: 2x write 4x read phillips cdr w/ adaptec scsi. :: Winfast nvidia geforce 256 ddr 32mb w/ tv out. :: Diamond monster mx 300 Sound. :: Standard Floppy. :: 5 speakers including a subwoofer. :: Us robotics external 56k modem x2 v.90. :: Intellimouse explorer. ::

Standard gateway keyboard. :: 17 inch gateway ev700 monitor. :: Epson stylus color 600 printer. :: Info scaner. :: D-link 10/100 mbit ethernet lan card. dfe-530tx+ w/ wol. :: Windows 2000 Professional.

Do you recall Win95 frist come same B.S. story was never meant to be a HotRod Gaming Platform but hey look at now.

I like point out to you most D3D game are poorlee build 16bit code's.

So T. Clark your Full of it.

Windows ME is a waste of time in the long run

crash crash crash & it time kill all most 20yrs old 16bit code's.

Oh BadAss performance drawbacks where ?.

Frist you need real good drivers.

I agree with SHS, Bad Ass, you don't know much. Plus, for all of those people who just love to say Windows crashes is full of it. Cause ever since i flashed my bios and restores it's defaults, windows has never crashed since on my computer. Not even Windows ME beta