Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
raider_rulez

DG 834G

hey everyone

i recently bought a netgear DG834G router. ive put it tigether and i am constantly trying to configure it but am becoming frustrated. it comes with a cd manual and by god it is slower tan my nan on a tortoise. plus it doesnt actually explain to you how to configure it

WTF can anyone help me pleeeeease cry

to the T. but it doesnt explain properly how to configure it.

it tells you to put in a web address which is suppose to open up a login page for the router but all i get is page cannot be displayed

What exact address are you typing in for the router access?

Do you have the computer configured for DHCP, as per the instructions?

Are you connected to the router via an ethernet cable from your computer?

it connects to the computer via an ethernet cable, the addres im supposed to put in is "http://192.168.0.1" .

once i put this in it doesnt work, the netowrk runs fie but i just cant get internet access through it.

my instructions from the net gear team is to remove the adsl sppedtouch modem which was supplied with my broadband, plug in the netgear as specified and run the address to log it in.

I have run into a problem quite similar to this. The NetGear instructions should technically work, but do not because of the way that most ISPs hand out IPs.

I would suggest unplugging everything from both the modem and the router, including power. Wait for about a minute, then power up the modem. Once that goes through it's cylce test, plug the Internet into the modem and make sure the corresponding light is on.

Plug the router's ethernet jack for the Internet and connect it to the modem, then power on the router. Once completed, connect your PC via ethernet cable and power on your machine. Test that out.

I had to do this and it all deals with how Comcast has their IP/modem registration working. Only their equipment could get registered and only one piece of equipment per account can get registered. Sure, you can register other of their equipment, but they will charge you double for having two IPs.