Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
biohazard1985

Resident Evil 2 pc graphics glitch...HELP.....

I'm having some "graphical trouble" with the pc version of "Resident Evil 2"...now i know its an old game but i was at my computer browsin through some websites and i came across some screenshots of the game and seeing how my desk is next to my window and its hella cloudy outside, it brought back memories, when i used to play it on my old "playstation", SO, i remembered that i had on pc too, so i dug it out of my closet and installed it,ran into troubles...the save and load thing...BUT i got it working, its just one problem now, the graphics (or the backround scenery ) looks like it has lines or glitches going through it...

I took some screenshots so you guys could understand what i mean..

http://aycu11.webshots.com/image/24650/2002850995061151098_rs.jpg

http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/23519/2000361364718173182_rs.jpg

Anybody know how to fix this...i got everything maxed out and i put it on "unknown card" for the game to run smoothly...any help??

What gfx card are you using at present?

Have you tried lowering the resolution and colour depth or disabling sepecific features the card has?

Its a BFG geforce 7950 gt 512mb,i think its the way the game is configured cause this happens when i play Resident evil 3, but when i uncheck the "texture correction" box in the options menu, it plays fine, no glitches or nothin...but on resident evil 2, theres no option of any kind on there, ya know...

Did you ever fix this? I'm getting the same problem with a Geforce 8800 GTS 320 MB card. I'm running windows vista, and the game looks fine when I run it with system memory, but it tends to slow down whenever I'm near water or in that freezer room in the lab.

Hi there!! I'm running Windows Vista too and I installed Resident Evil 2. When I play it, the movies don't have graphics. it's just plain black but I can hear the sounds. I don't know if that's because of windows media player version. Did you install all of the required components like Directx 6 even it's old version? Are the movies in your pc viewable?

Movies play for me just fine for me. It could be a codec issue.

I recommend you try VLC media player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It doesn't require any codecs, and is a highly reliable program capable of playing just about any media file.

Oh, and go ahead and use the latest version of DirectX. AFAIK there's no need to use the old one included on the CD.

Back to the topic at hand though, I still haven't worked out the issue mentioned earlier. I've mostly learned to tolerate it, since the game looks so blurry in software mode, but those weird dizzy lines are still very annoying. If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd really appreciate the help.

SOLVED!

Apparently, what you have to do is force off all anti-aliasing and anistropic filtering in your video driver control panel.

I have VLC installed but still no graphics.. do i have to set it as my default player to play video properly?

i can help you out but i need someone to help me save and load beczuse ive beeen doing both a scenarios but when i save it and try to load it back it doesnt work if it bevause of too many zombie u can reduce the amount of zombies and make sure u have the graphics as small so it work perfect!

Hi

i'm on xp with the 7300 gs and i'm having the background scenery problem with the weird lines.

i've tried forcing off the anti-aliasing and anistropic filtering but the only difference it made is the lines got more intense when anti-aliasing was increased. Howevere the problem is still there when it's turned off.

any further suggestions on how to fix this would be a great help.

thanks

I have Vista64 with an bfg 8800gt. Here's the settings that produced best results (I had the weird lines too)

-Set graphics card to Riva128

-turn off anti-aliasing in your video card control panel (anisotrophic could be left on)

-run in 95 compatibility mode and turn off all the options for desktop composition, dpi scaling, etc. You don't need to run 640x480 if you don't want, but turn everything else on

-get the 1.04 patch, but don't think it's critical

-install the k-lite codec pack from free-codecs.com - that should solve the video problems. But be sure to try different video cards settings in the setup launcher - different ones give different results.

I got full framerates with no visual anomolies, and the graphics looked pretty good. Try running it 640x480 fullscreen - it's not bad (as good as it gets when it was authored in 640x400)

Thanks man I got it to work.

All I had to do was install the patch and select voodoo as the video card. Works great.

Thanks heaps man, you're a lifesaver.

how u select the voodo as ur video card? i have the patch..

but when i using the patch i cant load my save games...

so thats why im not using the patch u know..

and oh... i have a problem...

hope u guys can help me...

everything is all set... exept for my gameplay...

the game is running to slow... what should i do? damn! i want to play this game badly!

Hi! I have a Windows Vista 64bit, with Intel Dual Core and nVidia GeForce 9600GT, and yes, I've managed to play Resident Evil 2 with no problems whatsoever (I could save the game normally and rum the game withouth that annoying graphical weird lines glitch).

Here's how I managed to do this:

- Tried to do the full install but, in my case, I couldn't install the core files (could only install "Sound and Leon's/Claire Data"). Therefore, I couldn't update the game to 1.04, meaning that you won't necessarily need the patch to correct things up;

- I'd installed the game in the default directory (I don't know if it had to be necessarily done to avoid problems, though);

- Then, to run the game, I had to change the Windows color depth from 32bits to 16bits (in "Video Settings");

- And here's the catch: in the second option of the launcher, when you set your graphic card manufacturer, I choose "3D Rage Pro", and that solved the weird lines graphical glitch.

And that's all.

Note that, in my case, I didn't need to turn off anything from my video card control panel (not even anti-aliasing or anisotropic filter).

If the "3D Rage Pro" option does not resolve the weird lines glitch, keep trying with other video cards: probably you'll find one that will correct the problem.

Hope this helps you to play this great game!! wink