Compatible Support Forums
jagged5

HELP!!!!

My friend has an toshiba labtop just bought it. when it loads up it doesnt even get to desktop. it either freezes on startup screen or restarts itself ive tried starting in safe mode and all the other but it just keeps restart and i have no idea what it is. I need help or ideas of what it is

I just had the same thing happen to my on my VIAO a month after my warranty expired. It's most likely a HDD error. Have you tried reinstalling Windows from scratch? If you do this and still experience the rebooting, then it is probably due to a physical error on the HDD.

Another question: do you ever hear strange (not normal) clicking noises coming from within the laptop? If so, then it definitely is the HDD; mine was making very strange clicking noises, almost like the HDD was stuttering, and then it would get stuck in a looping reboot.

You might want to think about replacing the HDD. If it's still under warranty, don't try tampering with it and just get it replaced free of charge.

yea u hear it for like a sec then it dies down and reboots or freezes.ill try the recovery disc on startup. thx for the info

Yeah, that's the HDD. Most likely, even a fresh reboot including a long format of the drive will not work. It is a physical error on the disk and won't be repairable. Contact the seller and/or the laptop's manufacturer. You should be entitled to a new HDD free of charge.