Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ajkannan83

Windows 2003 Server

Hello Sir,

I am installing and configuring ( Active Directory Domain and Users) in Windows 2003 Server. My hard disk size is 146 * 2 SCSI Hard Disk.

Users are created and users spaces are allocated.

I have one doubt.

How to configure mirroring Concept?

That means First hard disks is configured and installed. Another Hard Disk is free.

Any changes in first hard disk automatically the changes are also stored in second hard disk.

Why I am asking this question because when the first hard disk (OS) is corrupt the second hard disk will be loaded automatically.

Anybody to know or any idea please reply

Thank You

A.Kannan

I do not work with SCSI drives any more, but it sounds like you need to implement a Raid scheme. In your case Raid 1. Raid 5 would require three hard drives minimum and I am not sure about the SCSI spec for this since each drive ID has to be different for SCSI to recognize parallel usage. In any case, I think you would need a third party product add-in to accomplish cluster storage. You might look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237853

errr, when the first hard disk becomes "corrupt" the second hard disk will also. RAID doesn't protect against software failures only hardware failures. So the usual "Windows messing up due to software update, moving mouse, etc" will not protected by RAID, only hard drive failure.

If your hardware supports RAID it's best to use that instead of 2003 software RAID. (There are actually situations where software RAID may be superior in some situations tho).