Compatible Support Forums
mjwebb007

Spam blocking options and opinions

Just wanted some opinions of good spam software to use with Outlook Express. My mom gets both her work and personal emails on her home PC. Even after deleting over 50 emails this morning, when she logged on this evening she had almost 200 to sift through. Some are legitimate emails but most are blind mailings. Short of changing her email address (my suggestion) and because that doesn't really solve the problem (eventually it will probably put her in the same situation), I suggested a spam blocker but since I use web-based Hotmail, I don't really have any experience with Outlook/Outlook Express. Any feelings/opinions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

What email service does she use?

I use gmail and I receive tons of spam but it all goes in the spam folder. I barely ever get any spam in my Inbox. I don't even worry about hiding this email address either.

For my work email we use Microsoft Frontbridge which does a fairly decent job but it still let's in those botnet .gif/stock emails. (I have to block those ip's manually).

Yeah. I myself have been slowly migrating over to gmail. Now if I could only get my wife to start sending my messages there I could drop my other two services... smile

Time Warner provides a Firewall and Anti-virus, anti-spam, and snti-spyware through CA Associates for free. The combination is not a bad deal, and one can tune the anti-spam component to be pretty good at filtering out spam.